WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Nomos vs. Stowa...

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cadomniel 
#1 ·
The long and short of my collection, in photos. Both of these are proper keepers.

Instead of a review, I decided to have some fun with photos instead.

In terms of the movement... Visually, they both are pretty close. Stowa has gone with a well-decorated version of the 2824-2, and a really nice rotor, so the summary "effect" is no worse than from Nomos' inhouse movement.

(Yes, I put a Nomos velour strap on the Stowa. It feels nicer ^^)

One good thing about both of these is that they are thin. About 10mm for the Stowa, and about 8.8mm on the Nomos.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice pics! While I like the look of some of the Nomos's, I can't seen to get past what seem to be way longer than needed lugs. It just seems like it would make a dressier watch wear much bigger than needed. I could be wrong as i've never actually tried one on.

Reactions: X2-Elijah
#5 ·
Agreed. I hadn't appreciated how beautiful the Nomos movements were until I got to handle a piece at a local AD. They are stunning, and I have yet to see photo on the Interwebz that do them justice.

#12 ·
very nice. I have a Stowa Antea KS and Nomos Orion. I like both. Orion is up for sale now but I just sold the Datejust I had and now thinking to keep the orion.
I also bought a croco strap for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.