Noob; Buying New Watch..

Thread: Noob; Buying New Watch..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noob; Buying New Watch..

Hello, I'm new to the forum & rather new to watch collecting. I was looking to take a chance with one of the invicta pro divers (go ahead and let the *boos* out) lol. I figured I'd take my chances.. I'm trying to decide between the 8932 (japenese quartz) or 8926 (miyota 8215 automatic movement) I wanted to know which would be better for everyday use. I really like these watches but I am open to suggestions Thanks.

Re: Noob; Buying New Watch..

Most folks will recommend the 8926 but I have had good luck with an 8932. No problems at all.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer mechanicals so I'd go with that.

Thanks guys! I've been weighing the 8926 on and off. These watches aren't very expensive but I there has been a lot of bad things said about invicta and I don't wanna just dump 80 down the drain.. On the other hand there has been quite a bit of good things said also. Would the 8926 be serviceable? Is it worth the extra $$? Thanks

Welcome to WUS.

When you're deciding between a quartz and mechanical watch, you should consider what you want this watch to be. If you will wear it everyday and won't subject to high-impact activities, then go mechanical. If you want something that is always set and ready to go, or will wear it while do high-impact activities, then quartz is the way to go.

And just as a side note, you need to really shop these watches. Since Invicta uses the business model of setting astronomically high suggested retail prices, and then selling them for a fraction of that, you will find some that are overpriced. So just do your research and shopping and you should be good.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Thanks Brandon. I realize the differences between the two movements. I'm just skeptical as to how they perform in these watches.. I've been browsing the forum and I've gathered that the 8926 is better quality? Ex: many report the second hand stops periodically on the 8932 which is surprising since it's a quartz.. Is there anyone that owns one of these watches that can share their experience?

I just said below that I have an 8932 and no problems in 7 years. Just battery changes.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    I just said below that I have an 8932 and no problems in 7 years. Just battery changes.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come across as arrogant if I did.. Your success makes it really tempting to buy the 8932. Since I'm a teen I prefer the quartz more since I'm active & clumsy I'll have less chance of breaking it.. But then I see people who have had trouble with it.. It's 50 dollars on amazon right now. I'm thinking about just taking a crap shot at it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jcob.t View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to come across as arrogant if I did.. Your success makes it really tempting to buy the 8932. Since I'm a teen I prefer the quartz more since I'm active & clumsy I'll have less chance of breaking it.. But then I see people who have had trouble with it.. It's 50 dollars on amazon right now. I'm thinking about just taking a crap shot at it. Lol
    A crap shot is the right way to describe it with Invicta. ; ) I have no wrist time with Invicta. I have only seen co-workers figuratively chew through their Invicta collection and keep replacing them with another Invicta because they are so cheap. In other words, continue to throw money at that crap shot. I HIGHLY recommend finding a Seiko 5 that "does it" for you if you can. Mechanical, durable, and perhaps the greatest value at the price point. Good Luck.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information