Noob...My intro with yet another Invicta CS story.
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Noob...My intro with yet another Invicta CS story.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Noob...My intro with yet another Invicta CS story.

Whats up WS! I am so glad I found this forum...I've been reading up and found some great stuff on here so far! Watches are my latest obsession/addiction. I actually stumbled upon this forum off a google search for a crown issue I had with my Invicta (and a Customer Service issue). Don't get me wrong, I own two Invictas and love them so far, I got them at a great price and hopefully they server their purpose as I build up my "baller on a budget" collection! But yeah...

My collection began not even a year ago...I bought an all black Movado Museum that I love (apparently some ppl here don't agree) for my wedding. I got the Invictas so I could protect the Movado and make it my "dress" watch. I am a newbie and on a modest budget, but I am happy with what I got so far!

I'll share/vent my horror story:
    I got an automatic Ghost Diver Pro (a lovely watch!), had it for a week and the crown pulled out (the second time I went to use it). I began to go through the warranty process and noticed the "90 days for repair" disclaimer AND paying $30 for repair/shipping (1/3 of the cost). WHOA! After back and forthing with CS (whom I actually will say were prompt and fair), they agreed b/c the watch was so new that they would do it for free (I just had to ship it there) AND they would put a "rush" on the repair and I would have it back in no time...Great! I though to myself, "what is all the fuss on the forum about their CS"? Fast forward 3 weeks and I email them to see the status of my "rushed" repair... Only to be told, "sorry, your watch was sent overseas for repair and could take up to 90 days for return".

Well, the silver lining is, I found WS forums because of all this. So here I am to gain watch knowledge and refine my tastebuds! Cheers!
    Last edited by f_todd; August 28th, 2011 at 23:22. Reason: added to my back story

Re: Noob...My intro with yet another Invicta CS story.

Hi FBomb and welcome to the forum! This is a great place, and if you're looking to learn more about watches, there isn't a better place to be! You'll be blown away by the wealth of knowledge these watch junkies can drop on you!

Sorry to hear about your watch problems. I'll make a suggestion for you: if you're getting into automatics and are looking for one with amazing quality AND inexpensive, get a Seiko! If you ask me, there aren't a lot of brands out there that give you anywhere near as much bang for your buck. Oh, and due to their extensive and versatile line up, you're almost guaranteed to find something that sings to you. Hang around here long enough, you'll see!

Last thing I can tell you is that the longer you hang around on this forum, the lighter your wallet might get! You said it's already your latest "addiction/obsession"...but coming around here is gonna make it permanent. Welcome!

Thanks Chris...I absolutely love the look and feel of my Invicta's. I started getting automatics b/c I got a nice watch box with winders in it. So I wanted to utilize them, haha. Have a cheap Akribos skeleton auto and got the Ghost Diver Pro to next level my watches. A couple friends have Seiko's, part of the reason I never got one...Just b/c I didn't want to seem like a copier.

Oh, this is permanent! I just meant my latest in the sense of buying habits I have to hide or "Oh, I've had this one" to the wife (like sneakers, flashlights, hats, car parts). I think I am eyeing up a getat 47mm next!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

all invictas are at a great price.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
    all invictas are at a great price.
    But the quality seems to be less than great.

Yeah, I guess if you have half a clue on where to look or google they are at a good price. The lack of quality is probably more in the mechanics, the bands/cases are very nice with the two I got. I always get complemented on them. I'm okay with paying $150 total for two very nice looking watches (even though one is in repairs, haha) that I can rotate daily and not worry about scratches, breaking in a fight/horseplay, getting stolen...Plus, 90+% of the ppl I come across would have no idea what a Panerai is if I had it on my wrist. So these have to do until I have some money to throw around.

There are no good stories that involve an Invicta.

Quote Originally Posted by CogitoErgoSum View Post
    There are no good stories that involve an Invicta.
    There is a silent minority out there.
    I hear they meet in secret, out in the woods, in disguise.
    There they fondle each other's Invictas, and sacrifice small animals (and occasionally a virgin Seiko) to the Invicta God in an attempt to keep their watches working.

Please could we not have another Invicta bashing thread. Thank you.
    f_todd and krayziehustler like this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

You get what you pay for.

Invicta watches are inexpensive. To expect perfection would be unrealistic. I have about 70 watches, including Rolex, Breitling, Ball, Hamilton, and others, as well as a few Invictas. I bought the Invictas because I liked the way they looked, were inexpensive, and I figured I wouldn't really care too much if anything happened to them. The last one I bought was a Pro Diver with a yellow dial. I bought it off eBay for $65.00 about six months ago, set it, and stuck it on a winder. Have yet to wear it but it's still accurate to about two minutes, having not been touched since the first time I set it. Not bad.

Granted, it was years ago but I've have one issue with an Invicta watch that would just stop randomly. I sent it in and a week or so later, received a post card with a picture of the watch on it, to acknowledge they had received it. Got it back a couple of weeks later and it worked fine until I sold it somewhat recently. I had one other Invicta that needed maintenance. The rotor didn't turn smoothly so I opened the case, put a tiny drop of 3 in 1 oil (for what I paid for the watch, it wasn't even worth driving to my watchmaker) on the rotor bearing, and it'w been fine since.

There are better watches for the money but very few with the variety of styles Invicta offers, allowing many people to start a collection they can enjoy, on a somewhat modest budget. Nothing wrong with that.

LL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information