normal or not

Thread: normal or not

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    3,418

    normal or not

    i just received a stowa ikarus and the sweeping seconds hand is about 20 seconds slower than the minute hand. they don't seem to be corresponding. ( in other words, the sweeping seconds hand goes 20 seconds past the twelve hour marker before the minute hand hit the next minute marker)

    it's 9:12 and 20 seconds before the minute hand hits the 12 minute marker)

    is this normal?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Member Nostalgic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: normal or not

    Yes. I'm betting you can "hack" the second hand meaning pull the crown all the way out to stop the second hand from moving.

    Stop the second hand right at 12 and while the second hand is stopped, move the minute hand exactly on a new minute and then push the crown back in.

    If the second hand doesn't "hack", just time it and move the minute hand dead center on a minute once the second hand hits 12.

    good luck.
    ORIS Carlos Coste LE Chronograph
    Citizen 1000M Promaster "Autozilla"
    Seiko 6105-8110
    Bali Ha'i Model "C"
    Deep Blue 65 Chronograph
    Casio Frogman DW-8200BU-9AT "Gold Titan" Reissue
    Helson Sharkmaster 600

  3. #3
    Member Darold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    325

    Re: normal or not

    How does this play out over a longer period of time? Have you reset the hands so that the minute hand starts directly on the 12:00 marker with the second hand starting in the same position?

    Pocket: 1921 Elgin 313 / 1946 Hamilton 992B Railway Special
    Wrist: Omega Speedmaster Date (3210.50), Tag Heuer Carrera Twin-Time,Seiko Spirit SCVS0123, Fortis Pilot Pro PVD, Armani Dress, Swatch Irony Auto Skeleton, Victorinox Chrono Classic, Victorinox Maverick II.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: normal or not

    Nostalgic, you're the man. just did what you said...thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Yes. I'm betting you can "hack" the second hand meaning pull the crown all the way out to stop the second hand from moving.

    Stop the second hand right at 12 and while the second hand is stopped, move the minute hand exactly on a new minute and then push the crown back in.

    If the second hand doesn't "hack", just time it and move the minute hand dead center on a minute once the second hand hits 12.

    good luck.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: normal or not

    see above. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darold View Post
    How does this play out over a longer period of time? Have you reset the hands so that the minute hand starts directly on the 12:00 marker with the second hand starting in the same position?

  7. #6
    Member Nostalgic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: normal or not

    Quote Originally Posted by acdelco View Post
    Nostalgic, you're the man. just did what you said...thank you!
    No problem! Enjoy the watch.
    ORIS Carlos Coste LE Chronograph
    Citizen 1000M Promaster "Autozilla"
    Seiko 6105-8110
    Bali Ha'i Model "C"
    Deep Blue 65 Chronograph
    Casio Frogman DW-8200BU-9AT "Gold Titan" Reissue
    Helson Sharkmaster 600

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •