NORQAIN Incoming: Adventure Sport Auto Kaki
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: NORQAIN Incoming: Adventure Sport Auto Kaki

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NORQAIN Incoming: Adventure Sport Auto Kaki

Compliments to Time & Gold as the new Authorized Dealer here in Vancouver for NORQAIN Swiss watches. For over 20 years I have been made to feel like an old friend as well as valued client. It gratifies me to be the first owner of this brand, as it has only been on display for just over a week. Seeing the display for the first time, my eyes were immediately drawn to the Adventure Sport Auto Kaki with a unique, moss green dial. The earthy tones and robust, outdoorsy aesthetics of this model bring about a particular sense of adventure to this handsome field watch.

NORQAIN manufacture and philosophy are perfectly described from a direct website quote: "NORQAIN is a fully independent, family-owned Swiss watch company located in Nidau (Bienne) in the heart of the Swiss watch industry. Our three collections - Adventure, Freedom and Independence - are exclusively equipped with mechanical automatic movements. A NORQUAIN is a high-quality watch produced in Switzerland with a strong design and striking uniqueness. Every timepiece is handcrafted with unconditional attention to detail."

Attachment 14202341

Indeed the craftsmanship and attention to detail are unmatched by many brands. And superior in my opinion to brands costing a lot more. I will attempt to show details with some photos I have taken:

The unique pattern on the dial reflects the distinctive NORQAIN logo, the two "N's" symbolizing the top of a mountain. Note also the applied markers, with beautifully polished facets and filled with a cream colored lume. Also found on the lovely finished and polished hands and tip of the red seconds hand. The text on the dial is also in the same cream color, which goes beautifully with the earthy dial tones. Attention to detail is again found in the date window, where the text color of the arabics matches, and the date wheel is also colored to match the dial:

Name:  9B831155-DBE5-4579-AF5C-9858C2EDD539.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  709.8 KB

Name:  64F66EC4-CA64-4715-BECF-CD90FE7F77D7.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  630.4 KB

The bezel is satin brushed stainless steel, knurled for positive grip, and beautifully compliments the colors on the dial and the strap. Although not a dive watch, the bezel is unidirectional with 60 click graduation system. Movement of bezel is tight and positive:

Name:  2F6E5568-0479-4BC5-9223-5419394B7488.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  648.2 KB

The crown is also finished with the NORQAIM logo:

Name:  88E3A93E-1C79-492C-9DCD-29C3E1FD8F21.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  662.0 KB

Finishing of the case is beautifully alternated polished and satin finishes. The satined lugs are finely detailed with the edges polished:

Name:  65F65CD9-1283-4E87-9972-1DB9CCAD3471.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  684.0 KB

Name:  989F3AF7-C940-4886-9DFD-C913EC65C683.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  664.1 KB

A very unique feature is the applied NORQAIN steel plate on the side of the case. Not just a molded part of the case, it is actually screwed on. The text can also be modified with personal engraving of owner's choice. Great detail I have not seen on any other watch:

Name:  7B048BEA-15BD-415E-9415-5621D0FE88C6.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  644.9 KB

Nordura strap finished with inner leather lining. Quite rigid, but pliable enough to be very comfortable and helps to hold the watch well on the wrist. Finished with a solid pin clasp, brushed and polished:

Name:  D15C14DD-D809-45A8-89E2-2102DFC6F0C0.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  758.5 KB

Name:  928BE5DA-3C65-4F35-85CC-6FC6530C6935.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  679.6 KB

The Movement, calibre NN09 is a very well modified, and finished high grade ETA 2824 movement with 38hrs power reserve. Visible through the scratch proof sapphire case back:

Name:  0BCF1785-689E-4996-B9A2-2806D0E51622.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  636.9 KB

Name:  8315460C-A747-49E5-AE82-9D3642A2073E.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  594.4 KB

Other details:

Screwed down crown. Easy to grip, and screws very smoothly and securely into the side of the case. Crown springs precisely into place for winding and time setting, and includes hacking seconds.
    100m Water Resistance, good for most activities including swimming
    Case diameter 42mm, lug width 22mm
    Case thickness 12.8mm

Well, hope I didn't leave out any details. My own photos don't do the watch justice, but they do portray my fondness of this beautiful timepiece. This watch is such a pleasure to own and wear, and I thought it deserves it's own thread. NORQAIN is a relatively new company, just over a year old. They obviously put an incredible amount of effort into all aspects of finishing and mechanical aspects of this watch. There is plenty more information on the NORQAIN website regarding history and company policies and philosophies. Makes a very interesting read:
    https://www.norqain.com/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

Thanks for looking at my post.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Last edited by carlhaluss; June 4th, 2019 at 00:44.
    drhr, Slm643, Zeroedout and 10 others like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Re: NORQAIN Incoming: Adventure Sport Auto Kaki

I’m diggin’ it, Carl. Great looking watch with some really nice design elements that seem to play well together. I also love the inlaid plaque on the side of the case. It’s a nice touch that adds a bit of visual interest to what’s often one of the most boring facets of a watch.

On a side note, this is probably my favorite aspect of these forums. Until your post yesterday, I had never even heard of the brand. I mean, who doesn’t love settling-in to their favorite spot on the couch, dimming the lights and slowly clicking through the web-pages of a previously unknown watch-brand for the first time?

Again, beautiful watch...enjoy!

and as always, thanks for sharing.
    carlhaluss likes this.

I really like it. Completely unique. The dial matting rocks.
    carlhaluss likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was interested in this brand for about 1 minute until I went to their website and saw their prices.
    They're free to charge $2000 for a watch with a 2824 movement but for that price, I'm almost in grey-market Tudor territory.
    carlhaluss and Nokie like this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post

The Movement, calibre NN09 is a very well modified, and finished high grade ETA 2824 movement with 38hrs power reserve.
    Cool watch... but how is the movement modified? Do you happen to have any details?
    carlhaluss likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

This is the second time today I have seen one of these watches. JEEPdad (I think that's correct ) posted a blue one in a WRUW thread. Great looking watches. I also love to see new to me brands when I come to this site. Congratulations.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Cool watch... but how is the movement modified? Do you happen to have any details?
    To be honest, from a mechanical aspect I am not certain. All I can tell you for sure is the personalized rotor for now. Actually, I am rather curious myself. You have encouraged me to send them a message, and ask them if they can elaborate on the movement. Will post when/if I hear back from them.

Cheers,
    Carl
    dbostedo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    I’m diggin’ it, Carl. Great looking watch with some really nice design elements that seem to play well together. I also love the inlaid plaque on the side of the case. It’s a nice touch that adds a bit of visual interest to what’s often one of the most boring facets of a watch.

On a side note, this is probably my favorite aspect of these forums. Until your post yesterday, I had never even heard of the brand. I mean, who doesn’t love settling-in to their favorite spot on the couch, dimming the lights and slowly clicking through the web-pages of a previously unknown watch-brand for the first time?

Again, beautiful watch...enjoy!

and as always, thanks for sharing.
    Well said, and thank you. It really is exciting to learn about new brands and, as you so, checking through their websites. To be honest, I am a bit reluctant to order watches that I cannot see in real life first. It is fortunate for me that one of my favorite ADs in town has decided to carry this brand. I am very impressed and feel it does deserve some attention.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Zeroedout and Synequano like this.

Beautiful on the eyes, but hard on the checkbook, IMHO.
    carlhaluss and Grinny456 like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Great look ... love the dial. Norquain needs to sell the acceptability of the pricing.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information