Not for sale

Thread: Not for sale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not for sale

I know some of us sell to buy something else but is there a watch or watches in your collection you would never sell no matter what.
    Regards,

Richard

Re: Not for sale

everything has a price! for me personally i would sell any watch i have in my collection but i have no pieces that were handed down and are close to my heart. i know if someone passed away and left me a watch or watches like them or not i would keep them forever and pass them along when i was gone as well.what about you?

Yeah. There are two, one is my BM6400, a gift from my girlfriend.

The other is this, the first "nice" watch I ever bought.

Cheers,
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nothing I have at the moment has any sentimental value, so in a pinch, any can go. I've been hinting to the wife about a particular watch, and if she decides to pick it up some day, then that one I will keep forever.
    Cheers,
    Christopher

Current
    :
    Omega Speedmaster - LE Apollo Soyuz
    Omega PO

No more watches for a while for me !

I'm not much of a selling type of person so my watches will probably stay with me for a long time. :)

My wife gave me my Fossil Titanium, Black Monster, and Bulova Claremont Precisionist. So those will never, ever go.

And I'd be hard pressed to sell my G-Shock Mudman and Casio MDV102 since I got screaming deals on both of them.

So that really takes care of my whole collection. But the reality is that my watches really don't hold much monetary value, except my Monster and Precisionist. So selling them really wouldn't net me enough money to outweigh the pleasure I get from them. (And if I were in a pinch, selling my whole collection might pay two or three bills.)
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by bfalba1 View Post
    everything has a price! for me personally i would sell any watch i have in my collection but i have no pieces that were handed down and are close to my heart. i know if someone passed away and left me a watch or watches like them or not i would keep them forever and pass them along when i was gone as well.what about you?
    I agree. I would do the same thing.
    Regards,

Richard

Watches that were given to me by family: Vintage Gucci Dress Watch (Dad), Seiko 5 Gold Tone (Dad), Seiko 5 Gold Tone (Dad), Tommy Hilfiger Multi (Parents), Guess Waterpro Multi (Parents), and Fossil Chrono (Cousin as graduation gift)
    First watch I bought: G-Shock DW6900R-7 (Rasta)

For me it's my Patek Manta Ray. It was my great grandfather's, then my grandfathers, my fathers and then mine. It was a huge honor to be handed down the watch and it's worth much more than money to me. I truly believe its my duty to pass it on to the next generation. I could never nor would I ever sell it. Everything else is fair game;)
    Patek Philippe Manta Ray (ref 2554); Patek Philippe Calatrava (ref 3520); A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 (ref 101.030); Franck Muller Casablanca (ref 5850); Glashutte Original Senator Navigator; Rolex SD (ref 16600); Rolex DSSD (ref 116660); Rolex Sub/no date (ref 14060); Panerai PAM 104; Cartier Tank Francaise Steel (ref W51002Q3); Cartier Tank Francaise 18K on strap (ref 2366); Cartier Tank Solo (ref W5200005); Cartier Roadster (Vegas Dial); U-Boat Classico PVD AB 4/2 (ref 5569); IWC Portuguese Chronograph Panda (ref 3714-04); IWC Spitfire Fliegeruhr (ref 3717-01); IWC Portofino (ref IW356305); Sinn 356 Fleirger; Sinn EZM7; Longines Master Collection Auto Moon Phase; Cuervo y Sobrinos Prominente Dual Time - Bronze dial; Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch EM001; MKII Stingray; Magrette Regattare Moana Pacific (450/500); Magrette Regattare Valencia; Brera Orologi Eterno Chrono; Deep Blue Master Diver 2000 PVD; Tag Heuer Link Professional 200M Scuba Diver Date; Seiko Orange Monster

Any watch that was a gift to me or inherited will stay. The sentiment is more important than the watch or money. You can see the last few vintage in my sig "shall remain."
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information