Not a troll, I知 really confused omega vs Rolex
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Not a troll, I知 really confused omega vs Rolex

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Not a troll, I知 really confused omega vs Rolex

I’m literally driving myself crazy. I’ve decided I want a higher tier daily and have been slowly selling off my divers. This past weekend I went to the Rolex, omega and Blancpain boutiques and tried everything on (except of course the sea dweller or deep sea). I’ve watched LITERALLY every single video on YouTube on all of them. Twice. I think my first choice is the Rolex 43mm sea dweller with the omega 8900 PO a close second. But the price! And having to pay over sticker vs under. I plan on this being the watch they pry off my dead wrist so I’m willing to make sacrifices (and to be clear, the Rolex will require a bunch more selling) to get “the one,” I just can’t seem to justify it. But if I don’t do it will I look down at an otherwise awesome watch and just think it isn’t the one? Sorry I’m babbling my WIS brain has been in freaking overdrive. Anyone else dealt with a similar dilemma?
    Last edited by BevHillsTrainer; August 16th, 2018 at 05:49.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Current Collection
    Aquadive BS300 & BS300 DLC Armida A1 Crepas ​Loggerhead Doxa 300 T-Graph professional Ennebi Fondale Gruppo Ardito Kraken Kaiser 9500m
    H2o Kalmar 2 8000m Oceanictime Helberg CH1 Marathon JSAR, JDD Orient ​Saturation Diver Prometheus ​Poseidon DLC Rolex Oyster Royal
    Seiko SUN019 ​Sinn U1 SDR Charmex Swiss Military 20,000ft UTS 4000m WCT 1000m Diver Zixen DSR-1000, DSR-1000 GMT

Re: Not a troll, I知 really confused omega vs Rolex

Not in your situation at all as far as price brackets but be careful to not buy “something” because you’re tired of waiting or being stressed about it. If you’re not sure, it’s not the right time yet.

How much is the difference? If you can afford the Rolex, and you like Rolex better, then I think you should go with Rolex. Get the watch you like. Also, if you are not sure and want to minimize lost, buy used, more so for the Omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get the Rolex if you can afford it.

Get the Sea Dweller, you will not regret it. The watch keeps INCREDIBLE time, and is just a great watch all around. The details is where Rolex beats the others - superior in house movement, white gold hands and indices, aerospace 904L stainless steel, platinum inlay on the bezel numerals, etc. it all adds up to just a superior product.

Name:  Rolex2.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  94.8 KB
    BevHillsTrainer and vmgotit like this.

Sell a few of your shitters and get both, ya doofus.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

Blancpain, Omega and Rolex all make outstanding divers. You certainly wouldn't be settling for any of the three. But, you're rather clearly set on the SD43, so that's what you should pursue. If the current premium over MSRP is a problem for you -- you could just wait for a while to see if the situation changes. You lived this long without one, a year or two more won't hurt too bad. Otherwise, pay the money and enjoy the watch. In my experience the memory of the money spent fades quickly but the joy of owning the watch endures.
    A. Lange & Shne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashtte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

If you can find a SD and that's your first choice then what's then what is the confusion about? Is it literally a pricing decision?

You want the Rolex, seems fairly obvious from your post but you’re trying to justify it. No need, if you can, buy it! You will save yourself the cost of settling and flipping the Omega (not a bad watch by any means, but not on par either)

I壇 put my vote on the PO. It has independently adjusted hour hands which is great when you池e traveling.

The SD has the classic look and is more versatile, but you can get the PO with a more conservative color scheme.

Either watch is a winner. So good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information