nowt so funny as folk!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: nowt so funny as folk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nowt so funny as folk!

yesterday went with my partner to visit her old friend whom i did not know - beautiful home -money there- met the husband in his garden -and as we are trained to do noticed the rolex sm on his wrist - made no more of it ,as we left seen to the car by the hostess i remarked your husband has good taste in watches -her reply was 'oh its just a copy £20.00 in turkey' felt very let down and a little foolish - then later i thought we assume too much - his situation -his home made me assume it was real - you really cannot always judge a book by its cover- not sure where but there is a moral here

Re: nowt so funny as folk!

Yeah . . . The average person who wears a Rolex, is wearing a cheap fake.

Unfortunately, just the way it is.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Definitely not unheard of, many wealthy people have different priorities. I've definitely seen quite a few people who could easily afford a brand new Rolex wearing a knock off, they dont wanna be left out from their friends, but dont care enough to drop $10,000 on a watch, even if the money's there. Some people would rather spend their money on say, a $10K painting than a watch.

Unfortunately, many of the Rolexes out there are fake...
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; October 13th, 2012 at 02:58.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Well, about one million people a year buy a Rolex, somthey are somewhere...
    It is a possibility the hostess told a little fib, as she did not want to "brag" about their economical status.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Yeah . . . The average person who wears a Rolex, is wearing a cheap fake.

Unfortunately, just the way it is.
    the sad thing that struck me monocrom was that im a working man with far less than that guy -i have several rolex and could not wear a facsimile -at my age i shouldnt have been surprised but to be honest i was

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    . . . It is a possibility the hostess told a little fib, as she did not want to "brag" about their economical status.
    Oooo . . . If I found out my wife was telling everyone that my genuine Rolex was a cheap fake, I'd . . . Well . . . I'd do something to teach her a lesson.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Well, about one million people a year buy a Rolex, somthey are somewhere...
    It is a possibility the hostess told a little fib, as she did not want to "brag" about their economical status.
    i take your point janne but you had to be there and i hope i didnt give her the impression i was going back later to relieve him of it!!

Every luxury product is faked, including most higher end watch brands. Fake watches for fake people. They really don't deserve discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    the sad thing that struck me monocrom was that im a working man with far less than that guy -i have several rolex and could not wear a facsimile -at my age i shouldnt have been surprised but to be honest i was
    Don't let it bother you. It can be easy to forget that the outside world lacks the distaste for fakes that we (and other members of WUS) generally have. You see a Rolex, you want to be optimistic.
    shameless likes this.

Sam Walton drove a mid-70's Ford pickup til the day he died, and mostly wore a Timex. But he owned several very nice airplanes.
    You never know where people place value and where they do not. And, as the old adage states, you can never judge a book by its cover. And that goes in both directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information