Number One - What's in a Number?

Thread: Number One - What's in a Number?

Number One - What's in a Number?

I was wondering what people's views were on whether there was any "additional" value in owning number 1 in a limited edition watch (e.g., 0001 of 3000). Is it worth more to a WIS?
    Very few tasks cannot be accomplished with orders that end in the words "... or die trying."

Current Collection: Sinn 656 on rubber strap | Seiko SKX781K on bracelet (Orange Monster) | Damasko DC56 | Suunto t4 | Casio G-Shock Cockpit Scuba Worldtime G-741D-7 | Doxa 1000T Professional | TAG Heuer Monaco CW2111.BA0780 (black chrono on braclet) | Seiko SKX779K3 on rubber (Black Monster) | Sinn U1 on rubber & steel | Orient Star WZ0271FD (300m yellow diver) | Panerai PAM112L
    Incoming: nothing currently
    Wish List: Christiaan van der Klaauw Ariadne in Steel | Omega Seamaster PO Big Size 2200.50.00 with Mesh Bracelet | Blankpain Fifty Fathoms and still looking . . .
    Gone:
    TAG Heuer 2000 Professional (blue chrono on bracelet)

DMB
    Banned

Re: Number One - What's in a Number?

Quote Originally Posted by InvictusAlpha View Post
    I was wondering what people's views were on whether there was any "additional" value in owning number 1 in a limited edition watch (e.g., 0001 of 3000). Is it worth more to a WIS?
    personally, I'd rather own the last one. That way I could say, "Nya nya nya ... I got the last one". - David

Coming in 2nd is 1st loser, so if you picked up number 2 you will still have a 1st!

In all seriousness, not sure. Normally they are already spoken for, so if I was faced with that situation not sure what I would do. I would like to think I would not pay extra as you already are in that it is limited, but can not say for sure I wouldn't.......
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd rather get a later number. That way any issues would have been addressed and I could rest assured that my watch was perfecct (relatively speaking).
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I don't think it makes much of a difference. If you like a particular number, great. But I doubt any given number is really worth more than any other. Also, while any manufacturer can make their limited editions any size they want, I personally wouldn't be impressed by a limited edition of 3000 pieces. One of my watches is number 3 out of 1000, and that honestly doesn't mean anything - the watch is still available from a number of places.

Limited editions up to perhaps a few hundred seem special to me. Often those will be spoken for before they're released. If you can get a specific number that means something to you, great. But again, I don't think any particular number is worth more than any other.

depends on what the limited edition means. if its a limited run for say motogp for a specific rider, the number, if its the same as the riders, is worth a bunch. the oris nico rossberg edition, his f1 number is 10. the watch with the 10 on the dial and 10 on the edition number sold for 10k. not bad for just a number. a run of 100 watches, if you get 000, thats a prototype and is worth a pretty large amount over any of the others. also if its only 50 made and you have no.50, it does bring more. I've sold a few with the last of an edition for twice its value. ebay set it during auction.

stuffler,mike

I´dont care but the smaller the limited edition the more interesting it is, the faster it sells.

Thread Information