Numerals Fonts
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GNNS
  • 1 Post By Thwizzit

Thread: Numerals Fonts

Numerals Fonts

Hi,I would like to ask something.

I like watches with arabic numerals,but a specific style of numerals.
    I happen to like classically styled arabic numerals,like those on vintage pocket watches or antique clocks/wall clocks etc.

I was wondering if there is a name for this style of numerals,so I can search for such watches easier.I know there are many similar styles out there,but maybe someone of you have some info on this.

For example,I have read here on wus that there is a "breguet" type of numerals,but these are a bit different than the ones I like. It seems that breguet numerals are a bit thinner,and lean a bit to the right.

Some examples of the numerals fonts I like are bellow. (pics are from internet,not mine).

Name:  vsrtr.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  jsiln.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  469.5 KB

Name:  lns.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  1.42 MB

Does anyone know if these types of classicaly styled arabic numerals used on some watches,old pocket and vintage wrist watches,and old antique or classic styled wall clocks,have a specific name?
    Last edited by GNNS; March 28th, 2016 at 01:03.
    Jguitron likes this.

Banned

Re: Numerals Fonts

GO is using these on one dial offering for their new Senator Excellence, same as what they have on one of their Observers. Checking a couple of reviews, I see the most descriptive term is on watch-insider: 'finely curved arabic'. I, too, like these very much. Definitely not 'breguet' as you point out, but not sure that the font has a name.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    GO is using these on one dial offering for their new Senator Excellence, same as what they have on one of their Observers. Checking a couple of reviews, I see the most descriptive term is on watch-insider: 'finely curved arabic'. I, too, like these very much. Definitely not 'breguet' as you point out, but not sure that the font has a name.

Oh yes,this is exactly the style I like,amazing watch,the numerals are exactly what I mean. Is there a white version of this? If yes then it is the ideal mens wristwatch for me. (the looks and dimensions,because prize is high)

(picture from hondinkee) https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZHPv-E4ucMmKGw

Name:  gose.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  140.1 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

None of the fonts in the watches above are the same, but what they have in common is a serif, so you are looking for watches with serif fonts.

There are a few sites like What The Font? and Font Squirrel that allow you to upload an image of a font and will analyze and try to identify it for you
    Jguitron likes this.

Thanks guys,I know that not all of the watches above have exactly the same numerals,I just wanted to give some examples of the font style.

The Glashutte Original Senator Excellence in the picture above has exactly the style I like the most. I fell in love with these numerals from the first time I saw this watch yesterday.Just amazing.

@ Thwizzit , interesting,maybe I'll try these sites

Thread Information