Nur-Spec vs. Subzilla

Thread: Nur-Spec vs. Subzilla

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nur-Spec vs. Subzilla

I have to say I wish I hadn't stumbled onto the Kremke forum, because I want all three models now! This has been one of the tougher purchase decisions I've come across - both because I really like the design elements of the watches and also of course it's difficult to decide without actually handling one.

I've at least narrowed down the choices to the non-PVD versions of the Nur-Spec and Subzilla...my main indecision comes from how the satin-finish of the Subzilla will look. I've never really owned a bead-blasted / satin finish watch, and I'm not sure how I'll like it. So despite all the great photos on this forum of the Subzilla, anyone also have shots of the subzilla out in the wild (like under the sun, diving, etc...)?

Also, any other Nur-Spec owners out there? Would love to see some more real-life shots as well.

Lastly, any comments or opinions from owners of the watches is also greatly appreciated. I know I'll probably eventually pick up both (as well as the aviator), but if you had to choose between the two, which one? I'm not looking for any specific type of watch BTW (i.e. diver or chrono) - I'd definitely dive with the subzilla if I have it though!

Re: Nur-Spec vs. Subzilla

I've had a Subzilla for several months and love it! Can't find one deficiency with this watch.

Good Luck,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by tsaojam View Post
    I have to say I wish I hadn't stumbled onto the Kremke forum, because I want all three models now! This has been one of the tougher purchase decisions I've come across - both because I really like the design elements of the watches and also of course it's difficult to decide without actually handling one.

I've at least narrowed down the choices to the non-PVD versions of the Nur-Spec and Subzilla...my main indecision comes from how the satin-finish of the Subzilla will look. I've never really owned a bead-blasted / satin finish watch, and I'm not sure how I'll like it. So despite all the great photos on this forum of the Subzilla, anyone also have shots of the subzilla out in the wild (like under the sun, diving, etc...)?

Also, any other Nur-Spec owners out there? Would love to see some more real-life shots as well.

Lastly, any comments or opinions from owners of the watches is also greatly appreciated. I know I'll probably eventually pick up both (as well as the aviator), but if you had to choose between the two, which one? I'm not looking for any specific type of watch BTW (i.e. diver or chrono) - I'd definitely dive with the subzilla if I have it though!
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

G'day tsaojam and welcome to the forum.

Please find attached pics of the Nür-Spec and SubZilla side by side for a comparison of the finishes and aesthetics.

The bead blasted finish on the SubZ is more of a satin finish rather that the rougher bead blasted finishes you see on other watches. Fricker use a very fine media in the bead blasting process to achieve the silky smooth satin finish you see in the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ian Kremke

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WOW Ian! Those side by side shots are awesome.
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

These pictures are absolutely not helping my decision-making process AT ALL!

Thanks for the great shots Ian, I'm probably gonna go with the chrono...or maybe the subzilla...

Just a quick update...I ended up going with the Nur-Spec. Received the watch very quickly - good packaging and presentation. Very pleased with the watch, exactly what I was looking for - a solid, nicely-designed chrono that can be an everyday wearer. I can tell that it's gonna be one of those watches that will end up getting a lot of wrist time over my other watches - will probably accompany me on my trip to Italy coming up as well.

A quick cellphone shot to share:

Congratulations! The watch looks awesome. The larger dials seem to make the watch capable of being very easily read when in use, espeically during stressful conditions.

Scott

Banned

Congrats! That's a super watch.

Thanks everyone! I really like the large dial, and it's a nice departure from the many divers that I have. The dial has a nice no-nonsense layout and it's just a really good "wearer", if that makes any sense. Ian did a good job on the watch and now I just have to try to will myself not to buy the other two models...espeically with that great deal on the Subzilla right now!

Looks great! Enjoy and wear it well

BTW, good luck with your next Kremke decision

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information