NYC Certina Event Oct 30th
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WillMK5
  • 1 Post By EL_GEEk

Thread: NYC Certina Event Oct 30th

Hello everyone. Hour Passion, a watch AD on 34th St and 6th Ave in NYC is having a Certina Event on Thursday, October 30th from 7-9. Watches, whisky and cigars, can't go wrong with any of that. ......

Re: NYC Certina Event Oct 30th

How do you get invited? Or can I just show up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arguetaoscar View Post
    How do you get invited? Or can I just show up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You need to RSVP:
    [email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I sent an email, but honestly I'm more interested in the scotch than the Certinas, although there are a couple of models that I like very much.

I was in that store last week, they have Hamiltons, Longines, Tissot, all Swatch stuff basically, I believe it will not be as pretentious and pompous as a watch show that has Patek, Rolex ,Richard Mille and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    I sent an email, but honestly I'm more interested in the scotch than the Certinas, although there are a couple of models that I like very much.

I was in that store last week, they have Hamiltons, Longines, Tissot, all Swatch stuff basically, I believe it will not be as pretentious and pompous as a watch show that has Patek, Rolex ,Richard Mille and the like.
    You should receive an email response soon. I'm also in it for the scotch, cigars and to see what they got. I've never been to any of this events so it should be fun.

I've been to that store and I agree, its a casual place and the employees are very nice. They don't want to shove the watch up your @ss if you try it and don't buy it.

Perhaps I'll see you there.
    Last edited by EL_GEEk; October 22nd, 2014 at 07:45.

They emailed me a few days ago. Glad to see some other WUS people might be attending. Maybe we can get a running tab of who is going?
    EL_GEEk likes this.
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

I will be attending this event just for the heck of it. If others think can make it, you can PM me and I'll keep tally.

Regards

Anyone else here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

UPDTAE:

Since it's been less than a year that I started my WIS training, I still consider my self a newbiesh to the watch World.

I attended the Certina Event last night at Hour Passion on 34th St in NYC. This was my first time attending any watch event ever and I have to say I had a great time. I didn't know what to expect, but the free food, booze, cigars and trying expensive watches sounds like Heaven.

At the event I met a few great individuals who were really cool and nice to a noon like me. All the employees at Hour Passion are fantastic, very friendly and attentive without making you feel uncomfortable about making you buy a watch for their commission. Danny , the watch guy at the store, is really cool, very friendly and knowledgeable.

As for the Certina watches, they have a great selection of beautiful and decently priced Swiss watches, but unfortunately non of them caught my attention, except perhaps their DS Action Diver in blue.

I only tried one watch from the entire store, only because it was the one I've been wanting to see in person and also I was distracted with the booze and conversations. This watch was the new Longines Heritage Diver Chrono. It's a pretty looking watch. It feels great on the wrist, solid built, slightly dome crystal, strap is extremely comfortable. I just didn't fell in love with it much to spend the $2500. Besides, it sort of has the same color scheme as my Prometheus S80.

I actually didn't take a lot of pictures of the event because I got distracted, like I said before. Overall, I had a great time, I met a lot of WIS in person, which I hadn't done yet. Had a few drinks (OK several), and tried on some cool expensive watches.

Ok here the [email protected] pics.

Racing video game. The best time won a brand new Certina watch. Yeap, I put my name on the list, got distracted drinking and missed my chance.

Jameson 12 years

Glenfiddich 12 years

The Longines Heritage Diver chrono

Johnny Walker Platinum

Pan Europ LE (thanks to Danny, the store's watch guys who let me borrow it. I really I've this one)

Rolex Deep Sea Dweller( thanks to Adam who let me borrow it) I actually didn't like the watch when it came out at all. Seen it in person and trying it on was a whole different thing. The dial, still busy, doesn't look that way.

Armchair likes this.

Thread Information