The Odyssey of my Omega Seamaster Bullhead is finally over

Thread: The Odyssey of my Omega Seamaster Bullhead is finally over

The Odyssey of my Omega Seamaster Bullhead is finally over

Almost two months ago, I noticed some humidity inside my Bullhead, which vanished after a few hours and did not come again. However, since the second hand of the watch was already a little bit rusty, I thought it was really time to bring it to the jeweller of my trust (which is also an excellent watch maker). It turned out that the seal within the lower crown that controls the bezel was completely gone. Unluckily, it also turned out that neither the crown nor the seal are any longer available at Omega. So my jeweller contacted a friendly watch maker, who is an expert on vintage Omegas, and sent him the watch to construct a replacement for the seal - which he was luckily able of.

The real eerie part of the story is that at the same time when this watch maker sent the watch back to my jeweller, a driver of the used transport company stole his whole transporter with over 150 parcels and fled in a neighboring country. Since this just happened when he was delivering parcels from our district, we (the jeweller an me) really had a few very bad days not knowing if the watch was among the stolen parcels or not. Finally it turned out that the watch was sent only one day after the transporter was stolen!
    Well, I really feel more than relieved now, and here are some photos of my treasure ...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2625
Size:  96.2 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2394
Size:  113.3 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  81.1 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  120.7 KB
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  93.5 KB
    Omega Seamaster Driver (aka "Bullhead")
    Sector Adventure 3500
    Seiko Sports 100
    Osco Quartz

Awesome watch and great ending to the story. That piece would be very difficult to replace!

Thread Information