Offset dial Dunhill?

Thread: Offset dial Dunhill?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    134

    Offset dial Dunhill?

    I know Dunhill doesnt get much attention here, but has anyone seen one of these, with an offset dial? I am trying to date it.





    Thanks
    Justin

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    21,244

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    No. It looks like the dial has moved.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,104

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Angular Momentum just flashed in my mind.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    134

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    No. It looks like the dial has moved.
    Janne,

    I thought the same thing. However, the date window would be off, and the stem is designed to go in where it is. Hmmm.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,104

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Brings to mind the, VC - Historiques American 1921

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    21,244

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Quote Originally Posted by musical5 View Post
    Janne,

    I thought the same thing. However, the date window would be off, and the stem is designed to go in where it is. Hmmm.
    No, it dors not matter if the date window is at 7 ( present position) or at 6. Also, if you look closely, the 11 marker does not sit centered to the case.
    The movement ( stem position) has not moved, but just the dial disk.

    Wanna make a bet?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    134

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    No, it dors not matter if the date window is at 7 ( present position) or at 6. Also, if you look closely, the 11 marker does not sit centered to the case.
    The movement ( stem position) has not moved, but just the dial disk.

    Wanna make a bet?

    I bet you're right :) I am not sure how to move the dial without removing the stem. Guess Ill need to take it to my watch maker.


    Thanks again
    Justin

  9. #8
    Member drunken monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,033

    Re: Offset dial Dunhill?

    Quote Originally Posted by musical5 View Post
    I bet you're right :) I am not sure how to move the dial without removing the stem. Guess Ill need to take it to my watch maker.


    Thanks again
    Justin
    The dial sits on the bottom of the movement on little soldered on feet/posts that fit into holes/voids on the plate.
    On occasion, these can simply snap and the dial is then free to rotate.


    Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •