Oh no! My watch is worth $500,000!
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Oh no! My watch is worth $500,000!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oh no! My watch is worth $500,000!

You're on your way to go hiking or to a destination that's dangerous or in the middle of monsoon season. As you're waiting for your connecting flight --you finally have internet again-- you're reading some watch websites.

What?! Wait! That can't be! But it is. That watch you've taken on this rough and tumble trip because you didn't care if it was ruined or stolen, is one of two of its kind in the world and is worth $500,000. The pictures and reference numbers match up exactly.

What do you do? Do you cancel your trip and fly home to safety with your watch? Do you soldier on and let fate decide whether your watch survives?
    obomomomo and wuyeah like this.

Re: Oh no! My watch is worth $500,000!

I wake up and swear to never eat anchovy pizza just before I go to bed again!!

A couple days ago, I was visiting a customer's factory, and was required to take off my watch due to safety rules for their factory floor. So I took it off & put it in my pocket.

My everyday, GADA watch has a rubber strap with clasp, so it 's incredibly bulky in the pocket. It was terribly uncomfortable, and I couldn't stand it.

If my watch was truly worth that much money, I'd keep it on my wrist where it belongs, and just carry on. No one else would have any idea what it's worth anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd click back out to the public forum and look for a more interesting thread--just like this...

If the watch site was not run by a Nigerian prince, book the next flight home!

Or check into the nearest 5-star hotel and chill. Because you don't want to get hit with that $200 flight change fee...
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

I'd go home. That much money is life changing for most people. Not worth risking it.

Now if I was on a more usual vacation - i.e. not going someplace dangerous or going into monsoons - I would have to think about it. I don't know that I'd be more likely to lose/damage the watch on a more laid back vacation, than I would travelling home. Well, maybe a little, but maybe not enough to matter.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Take it for a dip in the pool to check out the water resistance... or I guess the river in this scenario...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I'd wait for the other one to get sold and then see how much the hype drives up the price for mine.

If my Watch does not survive my trip, I fret to imagine what might have happened to me.
    drhr, Bill Adler, Sherpat and 1 others like this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    If my Watch does not survive my trip, I fret to imagine what might have happened to me.
    Well depending on the watch, and what you mean by survive... it could be as simple as you fell in the pool, and flooded the watch. You'd be fine, but the watch might take a big hit in value.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information