OK, lets try this again (blue dial watches recommendations)
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OK, lets try this again (blue dial watches recommendations)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK, lets try this again (blue dial watches recommendations)

Hello all again.

So the replacement of the dude-bro special continues. I looked at my watch case and thought long and hard and ask "self, what kind of watch do you actually need? What would compliment what you already got?" I stared at my case, hoping it will give me some answers.. Then it jumps out at me. All my watches are either black or white (with one orange) and I should really try for Blue. I wear a lot of blue, i like blue, so a blue face watch would make sense.

So i am resetting my watch search to a blue watch. I am working on a lowered budget since I have recently paid my tribute to Cupertino and i am going to push my big ticket purchase back. So the $ is set at around 500. I scoured Amazon for some inspirations and came up with the following and i want to know what you think:

(i know a chose a LOT of chronograph, but that is not a requirement.)

First round: Seikos. Lots of blue there. These I quite like because of the more angular case that harks back to a more vintage look.

Name:  71Fk8KQD8vL._AA1280_.jpg
Views: 2844
Size:  167.6 KBName:  61FCNtvpddL._AA1000_.jpg
Views: 2812
Size:  104.4 KB

Second Round: Citizen. I picked two eco-drive models that looks alike and for the life of me i cannot tell what is the big difference except the roman numerals.

Name:  81dEN1kGm0L._AA1500_.jpg
Views: 2896
Size:  171.5 KBName:  553d228348a066281eba3110.L.jpg
Views: 2670
Size:  14.8 KB

Third round: Tissot. Four choices here including a Seastar that a little over my price range but I have some wiggle room.

Name:  51AZKGCC2ML.jpg
Views: 3108
Size:  33.1 KBName:  5160eci4sgL.jpg
Views: 2678
Size:  33.8 KBName:  51tb9zPX0PL.jpg
Views: 2667
Size:  41.1 KBName:  28165__69343_zoom.jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  37.1 KB

Fourth: Victorinox (do they even make good watches or are they just a "slap our logo on it and call it a day" watch brands?)

Name:  81VL-xH2VJL._AA1500_.jpg
Views: 3352
Size:  170.0 KB

Fifth: Orient. Really, really cheap for an automatic, are they any good? (that is a serious question). I am the kind of guy who wear a different watch every day so i am wondering if i let it sit it would go wildly inaccurate or some other issue.

Name:  41Qq7JSiMmL.jpg
Views: 2790
Size:  27.8 KB

Finally: Junkers. I posted this watch before but this fits with the blue dial theme when others did not. The dial design is interesting but the picture doesnt seem to do the dial justice and makes it look rather dull.

Name:  6296M-5_2.jpg
Views: 2644
Size:  66.6 KB

As always i appreciate your input and I would thank you in advance for recommending any watches that i have missed in my search.

Re: OK, lets try this again (blue dial watches recommendations)

Tissot Seastar and Orient would be my pick. VSA Divemaster in Blue is a good pick as well.

Bud,

From your listing, it is pretty clear you are looking for Chronos. Not sure if this will help you, but my first forum post was me seeking input on blue dial watches.

You can find it here:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/hel...es-636908.html

Happy Hunting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

out of all those you posted, the Tissot Seastar chrono would be my choice.
    ------------------------------
    Good Dealings: editor9, iam7head, MrH42, curt941, nin9919, twjohnso, gr8sw, ryasja2009, Twistoff, JordanR, chili16, Captain Beefheart, litbruin, silveradosilver, iceman66, jatherly, husonfirst, Timecat, dothedo, PeekPoke, ingmar

I'm not a fan of chronos but out of all you posted I like the Junkers and the 1st Seiko.

Bob
    Current Collection
    Omega Seamaster 2542.20 "Bond" - white dial, Breitling Colt GMT - silver, UTS 500M Bauhaus black, Sinn U1 - black, Sinn U1 -
    Orange​, Sinn U1 - Yellow, Doxa 1200T - Orange, Doxa Divingstar 300 - Yellow, Alpina Extreme 40 Sailing Chronograph - black, Tag Heuer SEL Link - Grey, Tag Heuer 1000 - Black Coral, AEgir CD-2 - grey, Benarus Moray - Green, Nauticfish 1000M - Blue, Boschett Cave Dweller - Yellow​, Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey, Boschett Legacy - Black/Gold, Bernhardt Sea Shark - red, Irreantum Magellan - blue, Irreantum Magellan - Orange, Ocean7 LM1 - Lume dial , Artego 500M - blue, Helson Shark Diver(45mm) - white/blue, Oliver Bronze - ​Brown, Hailos Holotype- yellow

It does not have to be a chrono. Its just when i searched amazon (as a starting point) for watches>men's>dial color: blue and filter out some blah ones i ended up with chronos. I have half dozen chronos already but i cant seem to escape them.... *whine*

Tissot is very nice quality, but Orient gives you lots of bang for your buck as well, including their own in-house movement which is very accurate. Of course Seiko's are solid as well. You have listed some good choices, so any of those should easily meet your needs. Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Tissot Seastar would be my pic. I had a blue dial/blue strap combo. The only thing is the strap width does look a little small compared to the watch IMHO.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

The Tissot Seastar is great value. And, yes... Victorinox does make some good watches, but very underrated.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; March 1st, 2012 at 04:30.

Tissot Seastar looks pretty cool.
    Regards,

Richard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information