Older (possibly 1980s) Glashutte manual winding watch - unknown model - help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dixan

Thread: Older (possibly 1980s) Glashutte manual winding watch - unknown model - help

Older (possibly 1980s) Glashutte manual winding watch - unknown model - help

Does anyone know which Glashütte model this is? http://i.imgur.com/Gi2kc.jpg?1

I only know it is oldish - it was bought in 1985 or 1986. The original package is here, but it doesn't say anything about the model, save for a marking that reads "Glashutte-kal. 09-20". Also, the inside of the blue plastic box it came with says "Glashütte Original".

Re: Older (possibly 1980s) Glashutte manual winding watch - unknown model - help

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Banned

Re: Older (possibly 1980s) Glashutte manual winding watch - unknown model - help

It is a watch made in the East Germany. The movement fitted into yours is a fairly nice 17 jewelled one, I dare say one of the best movements produced in East Germany before the regime folded.
    The watch itself looks very nice design wise.
    It is nit particularly valuable, the value lies in its history, and the fact that it is a good looking vintage watch with a nice movement!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow, thats a beautiful watch! Can't tell you anything about it, but it looks great!

Thanks, guys! Nice to hear watch connoiseurs have nice words for my watch :)

I did read about the movement, but was unable to find out which model this is.

I'm not planning on selling it or anything - it has a sentimental value and I indeed like it a lot. Just hoped to find out more about it, and I found out that today the Glashutte watches are seriously expensive and high-end, so hoped mine was as well - it feels nice to own something valuable :)

If anyone would know, wouldn't it be you, GlashutteOriginal?

Sorry, had to. :) Handsome watch.
    GlashutteOriginal likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GlashutteOriginal View Post
    Thanks, guys! Nice to hear watch connoiseurs have nice words for my watch :)

I did read about the movement, but was unable to find out which model this is.

I'm not planning on selling it or anything - it has a sentimental value and I indeed like it a lot. Just hoped to find out more about it, and I found out that today the Glashutte watches are seriously expensive and high-end, so hoped mine was as well - it feels nice to own something valuable :)
    Yrs, todays GLashütte watches are high end and expensive, but I am sorry to say that yours is not.

Thread Information