Omega

Thread: Omega

Omega

Hello!
    I am trying to buy this watch. It is original and only needs some afination because it "advances".
    How much should I offer? how much is it worth?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1 -- it's the golden OMEGA

Re: Omega

Sorry it is really impossible to valuate a vintage watch over the Internet because we cannot tell about the condition from a photo. Look on eBay for similar Omegas.
    If it's not working properly I would hesitate to buy it at all. If it needs service add at least $100 US to the cost.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

I would first check the sales forums on multiple watch related Web sites. I would also check on eBay. As Ray said it's really close to impossible to value a watch over the Web. There are many things that could be wrong with the watch that can not be seen in a picture. As I mentioned due some research and look around. You may even find one for a better price then the watch you are looking at.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I understand that fully. The seller said he was sending the watch for a "check-up", and that all pieces are original, and that it has been restored some years ago. And it's meybe older than 1950's.
    Assuming the watch machinery is in perfect conditions, what would be the price range to negotiat? 300$ - 500$ ?

Might get better answers in the Omega Forum.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Thread Information