Omega De Ville (blue Orbis version) vs IWC Portofino Chrono (blue Laureas version)

Thread: Omega De Ville (blue Orbis version) vs IWC Portofino Chrono (blue Laureas version)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega De Ville (blue Orbis version) vs IWC Portofino Chrono (blue Laureas version)

Both are blue watches for the charity. Which one would u choose? I'm more inclined to IWC for its more elegant/stylish design, and it also seems younger.

I'm not familiar with both brands, can anyone help stating the pros and cons of both watches for reference? Thank u for your help.
    (all pics borrowed)

Omega De Ville
    Name:  omega.jpg
Views: 2732
Size:  6.9 KBName:  omega1.jpg
Views: 4501
Size:  7.5 KB

IWC Portofino Chrono
    Name:  portofino.jpg
Views: 3108
Size:  9.6 KBName:  port1.jpg
Views: 4865
Size:  7.2 KB
    current:
    Rolex Explorer II (16570) black
    Glashutte Original Panomaticlunar blue

wishlist:
    JLC Memovox

Re: Omega De Ville (blue Orbis version) vs IWC Portofino Chrono (blue Laureas version)

I'm going to go the other way and say De Ville for sure. The dial, especially in blue, fascinates me and I love the classic details. Also, the chrono dial and the day date on the IWC is far too busy for my taste - in a dress watch at least. And, for me, those are dress watches!

After I get my "for sale" list emptied, I'm going to seriously consider a De Ville. Please tell me more about the charity aspect. :)

Re: Omega De Ville (blue Orbis version) vs IWC Portofino Chrono (blue Laureas version)

Hard choice. The current De Ville is more unique with the co-axial movement. Are the case sides sapphire too?

Ball Engineer II Ohio (NM1026C-SJ-WH) | Hamilton Khaki Aviation (H76565125) | Omega Dynamic III (5250.50.00) | Omega De Ville (BA 161.024) | Tag Heuer Kirium Chronometer (WL5112) | Victorinox Cavalry (Marlboro Edition)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Obviously this is a subjective question but I am very partial to the Omega De Ville. It is a timeless design in my eyes and I prefer non-chrono's personally.

Easy choice, the De Ville.

I'd go with the De Ville. Love that watch.
    Radiohead

Both are great choices but I think I'd go with the De Ville.
    Regards,

Richard

Arghhhhhhhhhhh - I so don't want to go against the IWC as I am a big fan of the brand. That said the De Ville is a great looking Omega.

De Ville - just!

Love (and own) both brands. It would be a very difficult decison for me too. But I would say...well...if I must: De Ville.
    Last edited by CMTFR; February 20th, 2012 at 21:19.

Garden City Park, New York, United States

The Orbis, the boutique can't even stock them, a beautiful watch and I am not into dress watches but that is exceptional with the art deco cues
    MikeCfromLI

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information