Omega De Ville Co-Axial Yellow Gold/Leather no longer available?!
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Omega De Ville Co-Axial Yellow Gold/Leather no longer available?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega De Ville Co-Axial Yellow Gold/Leather no longer available?!

Hello all, I am new here. I am a poor girl with expensive taste, so for years I have daydreamed about this watch and have been trying to save up so that one day it could be mine. Now and then I go to the Omega website to look at it and swoon. Today, as I was on my way there, I was shocked to see that now it says: "No longer available". I feel really emotional about this watch, so I'm kinda heartbroken now. Not like I could go buy it tomorrow if it was still available somehow, but I just need to know whether that means they don't produce them at all anymore, like never again? Would it still be possible to somehow get your hands on it somewhere down the line? If yes, that would probably mean that the price would double or something like that, 'cause it will turn into a rarity? Any help is appreciated. I am obviously not an expert yet, just a girl who fell in love with a watch. So please be gentle with me ;)

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by partypooper; August 1st, 2014 at 11:28.
    Der Amf likes this.

Re: Omega De Ville Co-Axial Yellow Gold/Leather no longer available?!

You could most likely get it used for less money on the preowned market. I personally have no experience with the women's preowned market, but I have heard that it is nowhere nearly as strong and reliable as the mens counterpart. As for the no longer available part, that means that Omega is not producing the watch, but it you go looking at AD's, they could still have some in stock. I don't know what will happen to the price of buying new, though.

OWN
    G-Shock
    GW-530A, GA-100-1A1, G-9300-1 Mudman
    Marathon
    JSAR
    Seiko
    SKX007K2
    Swatch
    High Wonder

INCOMING
    Maratac
    Large Pilot 2013
    Russian
    AChS-1 pannel clock

Based in South east asia, travelling between

I'm sure there will be stock somewhere for a good 1-2 years after ceasing of production. You can look to ADs or even online to see if they still have older models. Many online companies carry older versions.
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks... I already wrote a panicky e-mail to the local Omega store and asked them about... we'll see what they say. I hope I have enough money together sometime soon to still get my hands on a new one. I don't really like the idea of pre-owned in this particular case. It will be my first "good" watch, and I don't want it to have history.

Also, can you name some legit online companies?
    Last edited by partypooper; August 1st, 2014 at 12:15.

Jomashop.com have it for $5890. 50
    ​Bremont MB2
    Seiko MM300
    Tudor Black Bay
    Bretling SOH 46 Blue
    Victorinox Officer Quartz

Kickstarter....Calligraph Duneshore

Thanks Mark, I will look into it. I currently live in Switzerland so usually the prices for Omegas are lower here than in the States, so I hope to get it here... but this sounds like a good price. It was 8000 bucks when I looked at it at the Omega Store in Los Angeles a few years ago...
    Mark in TCI likes this.

To original poster: you're new to watches. The watch you're interested in is an automatic (mechanical) watch. Do you know how it works? You have to wear it pretty much daily or at least every other day (since it has 48-hour power reserve) to keep it wound and working, or you need to set the time and date if you don't wear it regularly and it stops running. The accuracy of mechanical watches is not as great as quartz watches, and the time could be off by +/- seconds per day (and it could accumulate over days to be off by more over time), so you need to be okay with that. Mechanical watches require maintenance or servicing every ~4-5 years (or you could wear the watch until it stops working, and then get it fixed, and everyone has a different opinion on whether or not that's good), and every service is expensive, costing at least $510 for an Omega mechanical watch: OMEGA Watches: Complete maintenance service prices Note that the older a watch is, the more expensive the maintenance will be (getting into the $1000 range). You could get servicing elsewhere and it might be cheaper (though other service centres might not get parts for Omega watches, so they couldn't do it even if they want to: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/war...y-1030851.html), but it still costs at least $250 every time I think.

I thought you should know before buying that there is a lot of cost and hassles with mechanical watches, and more so with luxury brand mechanical watches. Some don't mind it, but at least you should know, caveat emptor.

Sometimes a watch brand brings back old designs from the past, so the design that you like could be made again sometime in the future, but there's no guarantee. With watches, as with everything else, you should know that you want it the most when you don't have it, and you'd want it less or want something else some time after you have it, so no need to be too heartbroken if you don't get the watch (in my opinion). There are other designs as well, e.g. Omega Ladymatic, that you could get in the future when you have the funds. Probably Omega (or some other brands) would come out with other designs that you would like, that you could explore. Unless you're the type of person that loves something, must have it, and then is forever satisfied with it once you have it (I'm not sure, or do you find yourself becoming bored/tired of something once you have it?), I think there's no rush. Just my opinion.

All the best in your search!
    Last edited by rdoder; August 1st, 2014 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by rdoder View Post
    To original poster: you're new to watches. The watch you're interested in is an automatic (mechanical) watch. Do you know how it works? You have to wear it pretty much daily or at least every other day (since it has 48-hour power reserve) to keep it wound and working, or you need to set the time and date if you don't wear it regularly and it stops running. The accuracy of mechanical watches is not as great as quartz watches, and the time could be off by +/- seconds per day (and it could accumulate over days to be off by more over time), so you need to be okay with that. Mechanical watches require maintenance or servicing every ~4-5 years (or you could wear the watch until it stops working, and then get it fixed, and everyone has a different opinion on whether or not that's good), and every service is expensive, costing at least $510 for an Omega mechanical watch: OMEGA Watches: Complete maintenance service prices Note that the older a watch is, the more expensive the maintenance will be (getting into the $1000 range). You could get servicing elsewhere and it might be cheaper (though other service centres might not get parts for Omega watches, so they couldn't do it even if they want to: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/war...y-1030851.html), but it still costs at least $250 every time I think.

I thought you should know before buying that there is a lot of cost and hassles with mechanical watches, and more so with luxury brand mechanical watches. Some don't mind it, but at least you should know, caveat emptor.

Sometimes a watch brand brings back old designs from the past, so the design that you like could be made again sometime in the future, but there's no guarantee. With watches, as with everything else, you should know that you want it the most when you don't have it, and you'd want it less or want something else some time after you have it, so no need to be too heartbroken if you don't get the watch (in my opinion). There are other designs as well, e.g. Omega Ladymatic, that you could get in the future when you have the funds. Probably Omega (or some other brands) would come out with other designs that you would like, that you could explore. Unless you're the type of person that loves something, must have it, and then is forever satisfied with it once you have it (I'm not sure, or do you find yourself becoming bored/tired of something once you have it?), I think there's no rush. Just my opinion.

All the best in your search!
    Hey, thanks...

Well, I'm not that new to watches. I just never had the money to buy the good stuff, but I've always been a lover of watches, and a collector in my imagination. Also, I am Swiss, raised in an environment where the watch is the most valuable item, so I do know what an automatic watch is and how to handle it ;)

I'm not a person who changes their mind that easily. It's not like I saw this watch yesterday. I have been in love with it for many years, and I don't fall out of love with something once I get it. I'm not that kinda person ;) I have a list of watches that I would like to have once I am rich enough to buy them -- and this was always the one I would start with cause it's the cheapest watch on that list, haha ;)

I like the understatement of it. If I just would have seen a picture of it somewhere I probably wouldn't have fallen for it, but I saw it in a store and it was just calling my attention in between all these flashier watches, and I've been in love ever since. The Ladymatic watches are nice, but they're way too girly for me. I personally don't get why they have to put diamonds and all that glittery crap on something when it's intended for women, but that's just me. So I like how simple and masculine this one is, and yet elegant at the same time. It's just a beautiful watch and it felt great on my wrist.

I do believe we are meant for each other. There are just certain hurdles to overcome for us to be together...
    Last edited by partypooper; August 1st, 2014 at 17:15.
    rdoder and LesserBlackDog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by partypooper View Post
    Thanks Mark, I will look into it. I currently live in Switzerland so usually the prices for Omegas are lower here than in the States, so I hope to get it here... but this sounds like a good price. It was 8000 bucks when I looked at it at the Omega Store in Los Angeles a few years ago...
    Does that include VAT and sales? Though bringing it back via customs can kill any savings. You can avoid the sales tax in the states if you go to the states without a sales tax. Oregon and Delaware are usually the closest ones to the major destinations. I know there are multiple Omega ADs in Oregon (though centered around Portland) and there is at least one in Delaware (though its been a while). Delaware's close to DC and Philly so if you're heading to that region.

Usually the US is the cheapest place to get watches (before customs), then HK and Singapore.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Are you talking to me? ;)

It was around 8000 bucks when I saw it at a local AD in LA in 2011, not including tax. Then when I got back to Switzerland and asked at the Omega store here, the same watch was 6700 Swiss Francs, so a lot cheaper. And keep in mind there is no VAT tax here (meaning, any taxes are already included in the sales price).

I don't know much about other watches/other countries. I guess you can get them cheaper or as cheap when you buy them online, but it looked like the prices at an Omega store in the US are higher than they are in at an Omega store in Switzerland. I guess I've also always been told that Swiss watches are cheapest in Switzerland. But maybe that's not true? From my (limited) personal experience, it seems to be true?

Not going back to the States for another while, so customs wouldn't be an issue...
    Last edited by partypooper; August 1st, 2014 at 17:55.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information