Omega Deal of the Century - Jared Galleria of Jewelry...Gets Had
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Omega Deal of the Century - Jared Galleria of Jewelry...Gets Had

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Omega Deal of the Century - Jared Galleria of Jewelry...Gets Had

I was at Jared over the weekend - maybe not as bad of an idea as most watch enthusiasts would lead you to believe (NOTE: I do not claim to be anything other than a watch newbie).

The watch I was interested in trying on was an Omega Speedmaster Date (3210.50.00). After trying it on and finding that it fit well, I asked the price. Although I do not recall the exact price, I believe she said $3475. That day I walked out the door having to think about the purchase.

Tonight, I went back to Jared to again check out the same watch. I spoke with a new lady this time and requested the price. She said $1742.50! Caught off guard at first, I thought all of a couple of minutes and then had the lady ring me up.

I believe what happened was that the wrong tag was on the watch. Although I am 95% sure this is indeed the 3210.50.00 model, as I stated before I am nothing but a watch newbie.

• Is there anywhere I can look on the watch to find a model number?

The receipt has a SKU NUMBER listed as "330646201". I am not sure if this is a model of watch, or if this is something store specific.

The box came with three (3) cards from Omega as follows:

1. International Warranty Card - This has a blank "Ref" and "Watch N", lists the Jeweler as "STERLING JLRS. INC." and only has 2011 as the Date.
    2. Chronometer Certificate - Ref "32113000", and also provides a Watch N number
    3. Pictograms - Ref "32113000", Calibre 1164

Name:  warranty.JPG
Views: 10672
Size:  986.2 KB
    Name:  Pictograms.JPG
Views: 9680
Size:  1.10 MB
    Name:  watch.JPG
Views: 9883
Size:  941.3 KB
    Will this warranty card work? It references "32113000", which is actually the same watch (I believe), but with a silver face rather than black. Should I go back to Jared and ask for the correct warranty card or am I asking for trouble?

Most importantly, is this a deal too good to be true, or am I missing something?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really do appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,

- Brian

Re: Omega Deal of the Century - Jared Galleria of Jewelry...Gets Had

I wonder if there're selling pre-owned watches, there own little Grey Market.

think you just bought a pre-owned but the prices seem about right! Would be a mess with the wrong card, if it had to go back to Omega in Bienne they would change the dial at your expense to match the numbers on warranty card..... Sometimes deals sound to good to be true and they usually are, i would go back and find out the real story instead of buying the watch because you thought there was a wrong price tag on it! Watch wasnt from Jareds, numbers dont match and sounds like bad karma to me! also would love to see the caseback and if the serial number on the watch match any paperwork you have from Omega not jared!

ps serial number is on the lug at 7 o'clock on the backside of the case and all the paperwork needs to match that number.. might need a loupe to read it! Sterling owns jared, kay and a few other jeweler stores , so that might work in your favor but looks like someone gave you the wrong price.. balls in your court at this point!Retail is 3300 bones and they go anywhere between 2450.00 and 2900.00 if that tells you anything! You need the right paperwork good price or not, even Omega is known to break down every once in a while!!!
    Last edited by Cali kid; March 15th, 2011 at 07:57.

Trevor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you need to find out what you got in exchange for $1,745. Who knows, you may have a used watch or grey market. Or it could be just a simple mistake and you have a new watch with the warranty card and documentation for another. Just go back and get it straightened out with the realization that you may not get to keep a discount that the retailer clearly did not intend to give you. Ultimately I think you will feel better with an honest deal

Jared does sell used watches. They seperate them from new watches here at the local store.

I argee to at the least make sure the cards are right and some other watch isnt missing theirs
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

The "Jeweler" on the warranty card reads Sterling Jlrs Inc.

After a quick google search, they own Jareds Sterling Jewelers. What are the chances that it's a used watch that was originally purchased at their store? I don't know. Is it common for them to take items in on trade?

It's pretty clear that the Ref # on card 2 and 3 are wrong, though.

Just take it back. They are not going to force you to take a refund on the watch. Is that even legal?
    Last edited by boardjnky4; March 15th, 2011 at 20:01.
    akit110 likes this.

I don't think you bought pre-owned. I'm very familiar with Jared and their pre-owned watch program.
    1. Jared has phased out their pre-owned program. They have a limited number of preowned pieces in the vault, but they no longer leave them out in the display cases (at least not here anymore.)
    2. You would never get an Omega box and warranty card with a pre-owned from Jared. You wil get the watch only, no warranty, and a plain generic Jared box.
    3. If by chance, they still have preowned watches out, they would be in their own little section and clearly labeled.

Sounds like a tag mix-up.

Edit: Read the rest of the thread. Interesting. Perhaps they simply transferred stock over from a subsidiary? It sounds more like a warranty card mix-up. As for the price, that could be anything from a computer glitch, to salesperson error, to a Jared Vault Value based on whatever number was on that tag.

Keep us posted.
    Last edited by Caraptor; March 15th, 2011 at 20:41.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

I guess my thinking is; if you hadn't been in such a hurry to get over on Jared's, you could have cleared everything up prior to purchase. I would have pointed out the apparent/obvious discrepancy in price and asked, "why"?
    I may sound like an ass, but if I'm given change in a store and the change is obviously wrong in my favor, I give back the excessive change.
    A concept known as "doing the right thing", which is obviously dying out in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by huntershooter View Post
    I guess my thinking is; if you hadn't been in such a hurry to get over on Jared's, you could have cleared everything up prior to purchase. I would have pointed out the apparent/obvious discrepancy in price and asked, "why"?
    I may sound like an ass, but if I'm given change in a store and the change is obviously wrong in my favor, I give back the excessive change.
    A concept known as "doing the right thing", which is obviously dying out in our country.
    +1
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information