Omega Geneve Manual Wind
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rfortson

Thread: Omega Geneve Manual Wind

Omega Geneve Manual Wind

Hi, I'm looking for some help regarding buying my first used Omega. I like the look of the vintage Geneve. I've found one on eBay for a reasonable price, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the attached is the genuine article, I can't find any images of a watch that looks exactly like this. I'd really appreciate some guidance.

Jordan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Omega Geneve Manual Wind

Get pictures of the movement. Also, I'd ask the people on the Omega forum. You might get more answers there.
    Donf likes this.

What I see (or think I see in theose horrible photos)
    The finish on the case looks odd - almost stained as well as worn. Odd color. At any rate the gold is so worn that a replate is needed.
    The dial is worn. Paint doesn't just dissapear like that - maybe it's been the recipient of a really good cleaning - but then, why did it NEED a really good cleaning.

My guess (and it is only that) is that the watch got soaked. Someone cleaned the dial to get rid of the inevitable little splotches that occur from condenstion setting in for a while. Same moisture turned lume black.

And yes, as Senior Watch Evaluator Fortson mentioned, you need to see the movement. In my opinion (which is free and overpriced at that) the movement will look like it need a service at the least and most likely, parts as well.

I attempted a 'project' like that once- the case was much nicer and still the costs went well over what the watch was worth - wouldn't do it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When did Fortson get promoted to Senior Watch Evaluator?! I must have missed the memo...

re: the watch. You can do better.
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

Thread Information