Omega seasmaster 300m gmt vs Rolex gmt master ii?

Thread: Omega seasmaster 300m gmt vs Rolex gmt master ii?

Omega seasmaster 300m gmt vs Rolex gmt master ii?

I can't decide which of these to get. Anyone got any opinions on which is better and why?

Re: Omega seasmaster 300m gmt vs Rolex gmt master ii?

Rolex GMT-Master was the original GMT watch, launched with Pan Am back in 1954. It has the history and the pedigree. Absolutely my first choice.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

You know, I can't say which is better, but I do know if I were looking for a watch in that price range with a GMT function, I would get the new Explorer II.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Omega Seamaster GMT could be any of several watches. The one currently in the line has the co-axial escapement, but it seems to be marketed as a James Bond tie-in, which would turn me away from it. The Rolex has heritage and history, and an iconic look. The style and movement are evolutionary over half a century. It's also twice the money. They're both excellent instruments (I own an older Seamaster GMT - a so-called "Great White" and think it's a great watch. I also have an older Rolex, not a GMT, but with a similar movement (sans complication), and it's been a a great watch for 30 years. They're both solid choices; mostly it comes down to style and money. Neither choice is anything but excellent.

I confess the following: I would consider selling the Omega to fund the Rolex. I could not imagine doing the reverse.
    Last edited by dbakiva; February 4th, 2012 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You know, I can't say which is better, but I do know if I were looking for a watch in that price range with a GMT function, I would get the new Explorer II.
    This would also be my choice given your options.....but I would be just as happy with the Omega.

Thread Information