Omega SMP or Tudor Pelagos?

Thread: Omega SMP or Tudor Pelagos?

Banned

Omega SMP or Tudor Pelagos?

What are the pros and cons of each when compared?

Re: Omega SMP or Tudor Pelagos?

Which SMP are you referring to? All if the following is assuming you're not referring to the newest yet-to-be-released model. The Pelagos is quite a bit larger and thicker, but it's also titanium so at least it won't be as heavy as it looks. Movement quality is definitely going to be Omega. Pelagos bracelet is probably going to be better overall as you will definitely get a better fit with it. Lume is likely comparable, but the entire bezel on the Pelagos is lumed, correct?

I would say if you're looking for a serious diver and want a great fitting bracelet go Pelagos. If you're looking for more of a desk diver or something more functional for everyday use go SMP.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @watchonmywrist

The Pelagos is a wonderful purpose build dive watch, which is either a pro or con depending on what you're looking for. It has a very matte finish throughout, be it the matte ceramic bezel, dial, bracelet and case finishing, and the reason is to reduce reflections and glare. The readability is superb, and the watch itself is very well made, with a grade 5 Titanium case, that is light for a 42mm watch, and a bracelet clasp that is designed to automatically adjust when wearing a wetsuit. The most common criticism of the watch is that it's not flashy enough, and thus appears very understated (and some would unfairly say, cheap).

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

After owing a SMP and Shogun for a while, I grown fond of the comfy titanium. I would go for the Pelagos.
    -JP

Depends which SMP here, but no matter which model I think I'd still say Pelagos. It's one of my favorite watches I've ever had, and is winning over my SubC for wrist time right now.

Thread Information