Omega Speedmaster 1965

Thread: Omega Speedmaster 1965

Omega Speedmaster 1965

Should all chronograph dials return to the 12 oclock position when you press the return button. The one depicting the hours does not. it only goes to either five past or five to, this is after an expensive service. I can get it correct by lifting the winder up and pushing the stop button a few times, but I am sure that it should return on one push
    John

If you have calibrated it like i said and it jeeps happening on every use of the chrono, then take it back to who serviced it as it is not functioning correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Tag Heuer Indy500 (Swiss Quartz)
    Bench Digital (Quartz fashion watch)
    Omega Seamaster 1959 (cal 562 Automatic)
    CK K8171 (Swiss Quartz)
    Orient CEM75001B6 (Japanese Automatic)

Yes, it should reset to the zero position when you press the pusher at 4:00. This watch cannot be recalibrated, as I understand some quartz watches can be, so don't bother trying that. I've never dealt with this issue myself, but I think it's a relatively common problem, and a simple thing for a watchmaker to fix. Whoever performed your service should fix it free of charge.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Omega Speedmaster 1965

Thanks for the suggestions. I took it to an Omega shop and the advice was to return it for adjustment. He also suggested that they should have renewed the hands as the current ones are looking a bit worn and that the material used to make them luminous, which was radioactive in those days, tends to turn to dust and gets into the movement. It seems to be better than it was, but return it I will. Many Thanks
    John

Thread Information