Omega's new OHMSS Bond SE
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Omega's new OHMSS Bond SE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omeg...ecret-service/

'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' is the worst James Bond film ever. George Lazenby was to acting what Oliver Hardy was to ballet. Okay, 'Never Say Never Again' might be a close second, but at least Connery was in it to settle a grudge.

Now I know Omega has chutzpah when it comes to Special Editions. And I'm not an Omega hater, just a realist... but really? Releasing a watch to commemorate a terrible movie? It's like Rolex releasing an 'American Psycho' Patrick Bateman SE (except American Psycho is a pretty good film), or a 'Die Hard' Rolex that commemorates the douche who gets shot after boasting about his watch (ditto, 'Die Hard' is the best Christmas movie ever made).

What next, WUS, for Omega? what other depths can they plumb? Any takers for this SE?
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Rolling eyes Re: Omega's new OHMSS Bond SE

Another 'LE', this time 7,007, I'm sure they'll sell out quickly. Should call it, a Methane escape valve.
    LordBrettSinclair and mleok like this.

Re: Omega's new OHMSS Bond SE

I still am of the opinion:
    1. the watch is ugly
    2. OHMSS is one of the better Bond movies.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Egad, that's an ugly watch.
    What are the thinking over there at Omega?
    The Now Not-So-Much Diminished WishList: Newmark 71 black (maybe silver, too); Precista PRS-3 (upcoming quartz versioin, black); Precista Caribbean (undecided on color); Seiko Shogun; Sinn: 104 Black or White.

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

The watch isn't my cup of tea, for that matter neither are any of the other SE's released to date.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster automatic 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, Omega Geneve F300 198.030 Hummer, Omega Seamaster F300 198.001 Hummer, Heuer Autavia chronograph, Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2, Seiko Alpinist SBQJ017 perpetual calendar GMT 8F56, JeanRichard Highlands 24004.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    The watch isn't my cup of tea, for that matter neither are any of the other SE's released to date.
    One thing they all have in common is that I don't like them as much as the regular Seamaster. That's not how it's supposed to be. The SE should be more appealing than the one you can always get. And if even if they don't all hit the mark, a higher success rate should be expected.
    mleok likes this.

Actually I like this Seamaster design. It echoes the gun barrel sequence that is the iconic opening to every James Bond film I can remember. An assassin is aiming to shoot Bond and at the last second Bond spins and dispatches the assassin. It’s like the cyclops for James Bond. The new etched wave is very nice but a bit much. This design is more subtle and reminds me of 007.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

I won't be getting one as I already have a Seamaster , but the movie wasn't bad and compared to the Roger Moore versions , it's a classic.

Both the movie and watch left me flat. And I'm an Omega fan. Particularly a Seamaster fan. I'm sure they'll sell out 7,007 units in a hurry (coming to your nearest GM in a few years). Maybe they should have sized the release at 007.
    I love the smell of carbamide in the morning, it smells like VICTORY.
    That ain't a double, I just like to stutter.
    Hack a wife's watch, keep her happy for a week, teach her to hack her own watch, keep her happy for life!
    Wife replies: ...teach her to hack her own watch, she doesn't need you anymore! 8^o

I don’t mind the watch. If someone is a real Bond collector I can see the appeal. Also I don’t believe that Her amajestys Secret Service was the worst Bond film
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information