OMG....I've Become a WIS......How Did That Happen?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski
  • 1 Post By watchma
  • 3 Post By napel
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski

Thread: OMG....I've Become a WIS......How Did That Happen?

OMG....I've Become a WIS......How Did That Happen?

As a few of you know, I'm new here, and while I've managed to buy some decent watches throughout the years, I've just purchased my first automatic (Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback), which I'm head over heels in love with. It has such a quality feel and the retro to 1948 look of the watch is just plain cool. So, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about higher end watches and now I'm just completely smitten and wondering when my next purchase can be justified. And when that time comes, just how much money can I manage to justify on the "next" one? So, I guess I've morphed into a WIS and I think I'm in trouble......

I've just read Revolution Magazine from cover to cover and if money was no object, here are a few of the standout brands that caught my eye in the Magazine I would be MORE than happy to have on my wrist such as:

Frank Muller (any of his watches would do!)
    Cartier - Rotonde de Cartier Minute Repeater Flying Tourbillon (simply stunning)
    DeBethune - DB28 Aiguille D'OR (I'd probaby sell my soul to the devil for this one)
    Girard Perregaux - Laureato Tourbillon With Three Bridges (WOW!)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Sphero Tourbillon (I'd sell my soul again for this masterpiece)
    A Lange @ Sohne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar (so simple and elegant while employing amazing complications - $200K oh my!)
    Piaget Altiplano Seleton Ultra Thin Automatic (how did they get such an amazing movement in a watch that is that thin?)
    Greubel Forsey GMT (the inclined-axis double quadruple tourbillon is just oh so amazing)

I guess that's enough for a start. I doubt my finances will ever accommodate any of these stunning examples, but it's nice to dream. So, if you could have your fantasy watch, what would you choose?

I'm oh so happy and sorry to have found Watchuseek. I fear this is a dangerous place to hang around, but hang around I'll likely do.
    Formerguide likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Re: OMG....I've Become a WIS......How Did That Happen?

You say "WIS" like it's a good thing.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    . I fear this is a dangerous place to hang around, but hang around I'll likely do.
    Wise decision LOL
    akasnowmaaan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

hydrocarbon.....I've been called an idiot before, but never with the words "watch" and "savant" on either side......
    Last edited by RBrylawski; September 3rd, 2012 at 23:56.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

there's another thing you may become hanging around here...broke!!!

It can happen overnight, and yes, this place is very dangerous : )

Welcome to the fold.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Thanks Napel, Aquaracer1 and various121......Broke is likely, but I'm happy to be with people who will understand why I have a nice watch, but am eating canned cat food for dinner......LOL
    placebo likes this.

Welcome to the club! I took the plunge on the b&m capeland fly back also. It's great but I'm really jonsein' for something new. It's a terrible disease we all have. Im thinking between the jlc master compressor geographic or the breitling chronomat 44. It's been a while and I have been so close to pulling the trigger on so many others.

Nice to meet another flyback'er! JLC would win for me. There's just something special about them (I have a reverso, which I love).

Thanks.....

Thread Information