Which one has the best lume? PELAGOS VS PANERAI VS BLANCPAIN FIFTY fathoms
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Which one has the best lume? PELAGOS VS PANERAI VS BLANCPAIN FIFTY fathoms

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which one has the best lume? PELAGOS VS PANERAI VS BLANCPAIN FIFTY fathoms

Hi guys, i am a lume maniac and love to see good lumes. From what I read, these 3 watches pelagos, bp fifty fathoms and panerai, they are all great in their lumes.

Now for those of you who knows, can you tell me which among these 3 has the best lume?

I have seen the panerai's lume briefly in store, it was exposed to light and i covered the dial with my hands and i could see that the lume is crazy on pams. but i dont know about the other 2 though.

Guys, please tell me. and if you happen to have one of these , why not share pics for me and for others as well : ) let the pics talk too if possible. But on serious note, i really would love to know which one has the strongest lume.

thanks guys.

Re: Which one has the best lume? PELAGOS VS PANERAI VS BLANCPAIN FIFTY fathoms

The Pelagos has the best lume that I have seen on any watch.

Plus one Pelagos! Straight nuclear that LUME!
    41Mets, Mr. Magoo and Zama like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pelagos lume is indeed amazing. It is not just bright but also extremely sharp, which adds to its night time legibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    41Mets and Zama like this.

The FF and Pelagos have better lume than Panerai.

And you didn't list a specific model for Panerai.

Pelagos
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

I can't speak for the other two, but I've got no complaints with the Fifty Fathoms except for maybe the lack of lume on the dive bezel other than the pip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't speak to these specific watches but I did a small experiment this summer involving lume. The watches tested where my Rolex Explorer II, Omega Planet Ocean, Seiko Turtle, and Ball Skindiver II. My plan was to take pictures right after I charged them with my Surefire, then again in 5/10/15/20/30/45/60 mins and thereon. Unfortunately my camera skills where not up to documenting the results very well, so I never posted anything about it.

The outcome was basically as follows...The lume on all the Rolex, Omega, and Seiko were exceptionally bright from the beginning. However, from the point of about 15-20 minutes in, the tritium on the Ball started to outshine them all, and being tritium you know how the story goes from there. Keep in mind that not all tritium watches are made equal, and that this particular watch puts to shame all other tritium watches I have owned (Marathon, Luminox). Still, I was rather surprised at how quickly the benefit of the brightly charged lumes faded, and how quickly the tritium watch proved itself superior.

Name:  100%202.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  2.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen View Post
    The FF and Pelagos have better lume than Panerai.

And you didn't list a specific model for Panerai.
    Oh sorry my bad, i thought all pam models have the same lume. so they are different eh?

Ok what about pam 510?

so between pelagos and ff 50 = which one is more superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporkmaker View Post
    I can't speak for the other two, but I've got no complaints with the Fifty Fathoms except for maybe the lack of lume on the dive bezel other than the pip.
    which 50 is this? bathy? how does this compare to your other watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information