a friend posted on facebook, after his ten year old solar seiko took a dive. these are his requirements and he believes they are unattainable. of course many watches match some requirements. any ideas on a watch which covers all the bases? im not asking for criticism of his requirements, just feedback about watches which meet these parameters. thanks!
My dream watch has to have the following features.
1. No battery. Can either be auto or solar. Power reserve > 72 hr.
2. Smooth movement of the second hand. No "ticks" nor "high-beat".
3. Perpetual calendar.
4. GPS time, auto sync.
5. Water resistance > 20 ATM.
6. Abuse proof, scratch resistant, no regular service needed.
7. 20+ yr expected service life.
8. Price < $10,000.00
I would buy the said watch if it exists. Maybe I should launch a competition for this.