One or Many?

Thread: One or Many?

Darth Neo

One or Many?

Would you rather have one $3000 watch, 6 $500 watches, 10 $300 watches...you get the point...?

Wink Re: One or Many?

Uh,

I have about 350 watches varying in price of $35 to $300.-. I think the average price is around $100.-. That makes me rather having over 300 $100.- watches than one....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: One or Many?

Woah! Just when I thought I was getting "up there" in number...

I'd so much rather have a large collection of many different ones than only a couple special pieces.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have three watches that are rather expensive. I can't see a need to get more. Okay... maybe I'm just delusional. That new Kobold Cousteau Diver is awfully appealing - and I have no idea what it looks like. I could use a beater for those times when I don't want to risk damaging one of my more expensive watches (maybe a Luminox??)

Now if I can only convince the missus that I need another watch
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Thats a tough question. I like diversity. Most of the watches that WOW me are in the $750-$1800 range. I thought I had got over my Rolex fixation and sold the 3 I had but it looks like another pre-owned Submariner is coming and I found a pre-owned Sea-Dweller locally at a fantastic price that I am not going to be able to pass up. I am sure my wife is going to kick my butt from here to there but you just can't pass up some deals. But to answer your question, if I had to live with only these choices I would probably take the one $3000 watch. And if I could only have one watch, although it is more than $3K it would have to be a Submariner.

Smurfe

A variety is nice especially for the price of one expensive watch you can have a nice collection and something different for every day of the year practically. However you don't really need to have so many and where to put them? I would prefer one or a few good pieces that would last my lifetime like my grandfather he has 2-3 nice pieces and gets a new timex beater when the battery runs out in it. I can't wait to inherit one of his nicer pieces (elgin pocketwatch with a special gold chain he purchased for it)
    Invicta 8926
    clebar
    alsta

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Neo View Post
    Would you rather have one $3000 watch, 6 $500 watches, 10 $300 watches...you get the point...?
    Personally, a collection of £3000 and £300 watches, and all points in between, as opposed to a number of watches which all cost the same. It just depends what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    Personally, a collection of £3000 and £300 watches, and all points in between, as opposed to a number of watches which all cost the same. It just depends what you like.
    Kinda similar here also - I'd probably have one $2000, maybe two $450 and a $100 beater or something like that.

Thread Information