one of those days

Thread: one of those days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolling eyes one of those days

should have been a bloody cracking day; my friend had a tee time at a local country club invited me to play with him. i found out it was a best ball tournament but that's ok because i get to hang out with my best bud......wrong. my garmin s1 approach did not charge fully and died with 8 holes to play so i'm firing blind at an unfamiliar course.
    i have never been the best putter sop my advice to anyone considering picking up the game is to start with this club and work your way out. i wiped so many putts that it recalled cleaning my daughters face after introducing her to solid food. wide right was the rule of the day and the length of the putt was of no consequence. i missed everything bu still shot a respectable 81 with greens so slow that i just could not force myself to hit the ball hard enough to get the ball to the hole.
    i think it all started when i selected my watch; it occurred to me that i had never worn a square dialed watch to a golf course before but i figured oh what the heck, it won't make a difference. perhaps i jinxed myself before i played my first shot. no more squares to golf courses......ever

SDC10390.jpg picture by novedl - Photobucket

sssooooo i began to wonder, has anyone one else ever felt that they selected the wrong watch for an activity (notice that i am blaming it all on the watch, i take no responsibility at all for being a dreadful putter)
    please share your story or stories
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Re: one of those days

That's never happened to me, but sorry to hear about your "bad hair day". Hey, at least it didn't rain during your game.

i forgot to mention that i also locked my keys in my car. great times, great times.......
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First of, that's a beautiful UN.

Yes, I find myself often getting to an event or activity and thinking to myself, "I should have worn my X watch." I think it's just natural with our obsession with watches to feel this way occasionally. Maybe women think that same thing about shoes?

Of course, I never blame my poor performance in a sport or game on my watch .
    My little friends:

Casio G-Shock GW-5000
    Casio G-Shock GD-350
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    Kienzle Chronograph
    Omega Speedmaster PRO
    Orient Star Classic
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko 007 Diver
    Seiko Turtle Diver
    Seiko SARB 021

Seiko 7A28 Chrono

And a few other fun watches ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rivera View Post
    +1. Gorgeous watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rivera View Post

Yes, I find myself often getting to an event or activity and thinking to myself, "I should have worn my X watch." I think it's just natural with our obsession with watches to feel this way occasionally. Maybe women think that same thing about shoes?

Of course, I never blame my poor performance in a sport or game on my watch .
    + 2 on the UN !
    For me I cannot play golf with a watch on...too much of a distraction for me..just put it in the locker of my CC...sounds like you just had a bad day but a nice watch none the less

Quote Originally Posted by novedl View Post
    i forgot to mention that i also locked my keys in my car. great times, great times.......

Throw that watch into the nearest lake, river, canal, ocean...whatevers closest.

A bad day of golf beats a good day in the office
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegah View Post
    A bad day of golf beats a good day in the office
    Truer words never were there spoken.
    Current Collection:
    Rolex GMT-Master IIc
    Panerai 318
    Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 2100 Chrono
    Seiko SKX175
    Bulova Adventurer Chronograph
    Parnis Auto Power Reserve SS

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeshopman View Post
    Throw that watch into the nearest lake, river, canal, ocean...whatevers closest.
    No, that's not the way to ride yourself of a bad luck token. The only way to be assured that your bad luck and the token it represents (the watch) is banished forever is to give the token (the watch) to someone who will accept it along with the bad luck that goes with it. I sir, will humbly accept both.
    N
    If you believe the above, the bridge in my avatar is also for sale (at a reasonable price)
    Caveat lector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information