Only 13 hours of run time?

Thread: Only 13 hours of run time?

Only 13 hours of run time?

I have a Seiko 5 "Military" w/ a 7S26 movement (I think),

And a Seiko 5 Sport "Military" w/ a 7S36B movement.

My average day, is wearing either watch for 8 hours of work (which includes a good amount of moving around and using my hands) plus 4-6 more hours at home (which can be busy, working in the garage or what not).

If I take my watch(s) off say at 8pm, by 8 or 9am the next day, they are unwound. Is that normal?

Re: Only 13 hours of run time?

no
    Courtesy of ULF.

Eh, if you're not moving around much at work, that could happen. Get it to a full wind by either wearing it 100% of the time for several days in a row or by sitting there and gently shaking it for 20 minutes, and then see how long it lasts. If it's happening to both of your watches, then that's a strong sign that they're just not getting enough wind on your wrist to last through to the next day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My Seiko never stopped. Only time when it did was when i received the Orient and i forgot to wind it for 2 days. If it goes out after only 13 hours you either didn't wind it enough or there is a mechanical problem with the energy storage mainspring. Maybe it's slipping too quickly (overwind protection) when it should still be storing the energy.

Easiest test would be to trully and really wind it properly by moving it in circular motion for really really long so it would wind fully for sure and then check it's runtime every hour once it goes past 12 hours mark.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

It's not wound enough. Wear it for several days before taking it off and then test it again. The biggest issue I have with most Seikos is that you can't hand wind the automatic movement, like you can with other watches, to give it a full charge.

It should be fully charged if worn all day and no that's lousy power reserve means something is wrong.

You can, it's just that you have to emulate wrist motion so you have to swing it at the exactly proper frequency (you can feal and hear the weight swinging inside). It just takes a bit longer than manually winding it as far as i know.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

Thread Information