Opinion Please Omega or Breitling?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Opinion Please Omega or Breitling?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion Please Omega or Breitling?

Hi,
    I have a n Omega Seamaster watch which has given me no end of trouble and ha ben sent back to Omega's U.K workshop several time without success. I'm seriously wondering if the watch is worth the hassle despite the fact hat I think it's one of the best looking watches available.
    I'm wondering if exchanging it for a Breitling Superocean would be a wise move and would appreciate the opinions of members here who re probably ore Watch savvy than I am about the advantages and disadvantages of either watch or brand.

Thanks,
    Henry

Re: Opinion Please Omega or Breitling?

Please tell us which specific model you have and which you are considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it sure sucks that you can't get your watch issues fixed. Are you still within the warranty period? Maybe it's time to stamp your feet and yell for satisfaction.

Anyway, I don't think either brand is particularly problematic, but both can have lemons like you got. Personally, I prefer Omega overall and while both have increased their prices in recent years, I feel like Omega is a little more in line with their value. Just a gut feeling, no data to back that up.

The Super Ocean is a good looking watch, though. If you think it will scratch your itch, then go for it. But make sure you're "done" with Omega, or you'll just be back, looking for the next watch. :) I'd demand satisfaction on your Seamaster regardless of what you decide.
    Zeroedout and Donf like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Without getting into the merits of each watch, I can tell you that if I had a watch that was under chronic repair, I'd be looking to exchange it.....period. I don't know what your specifics are, but when I start to loose confidence in a watch, all the pleasure of owning it gets sucked out the window.

If exchanging it is an option, I'd pursue it. Beyond that, I think it's a toss up between the Breitling and the Seamaster. Personally, I'd probably go with an SOH simply because I dig 'em, but I'm no expert on either brand.
    evanPGH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    Without getting into the merits of each watch, I can tell you that if I had a watch that was under chronic repair, I'd be looking to exchange it.....period. I don't know what your specifics are, but when I start to loose confidence in a watch, all the pleasure of owning it gets sucked out the window.

If exchanging it is an option, I'd pursue it. Beyond that, I think it's a toss up between the Breitling and the Seamaster. Personally, I'd probably go with an SOH simply because I dig 'em, but I'm no expert on either brand.
    I agree 100%. Owning a nice watch is a luxury indulgence, if in the back of your mind your always wondering what around the next bend of issues then it's time to swap.

Personally I am a huge Breitling fan, I wear one everyday. I have several watches but just can't go without wearing it.

And back to the satisfaction let me throw in a short example. I used to have a gorgeous classic corvette, I felt like a million bucks when I drove it and everyone drooled. But it always had engine issues.....always. they were cheep, but it got to the point each time I turned on the car I wondered how long to the next repair, how long it would be in the shop etc etc etc. It totally sucjed at the end.
    Zeroedout likes this.

I would not hesitate to make that exchange. The Super Ocean is gorgeous.

Breitling is a nice watch. I had an SO and it was great.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by watch_hor View Post
    Please tell us which specific model you have and which you are considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Wach_hor,
    The Omega that I have is tis model:
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Diver 300 M Co-Axial 41.mm - Steel on steel - 212.30.41.20.03.001

And the Breitling is this one, but with a bracelet:
    Superocean II 42 - Breitling - Instruments for Professionals

Both very nice watches, although I think the Omega has the edge n the loos department because f he simple clean face.

Henry

Get a Tudor Black Bay instead, an amazingly well built watch with a simple, reliable, easy to service movement.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I own a Breitling, but I don't care for the highly polished bracelets like the one on the SO 42. They're great if you're not wearing it and scratching the Hell out of it every day.

If it were me, I'd go with the BB like suggested above or a SO 44. Either way, ditch the Omega. I've had 3 watches break on me. I repaired them and sold them. It didn't spoil the brands for me, but it did spoil the piece that broke.
    Rolex 1671​0, Tudor Heritage Chrono, Tudor Black Bay Black, Omega Tin Tin, Omega Speedmaster Mark II, Longines Hydroconquest, Seiko Sum​o, Seiko Samurai, ​Seiko Sumo, Boschett Cave Dweller,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information