Opinion on trading Sub 16610 & Omega SMP for 116610 SubC.

Thread: Opinion on trading Sub 16610 & Omega SMP for 116610 SubC.

Opinion on trading Sub 16610 & Omega SMP for 116610 SubC.

I've been a lurker on this site for awhile and finally made an account recently. Love the forum. I'm looking for some advice and opinions from you guys with more experience and knowledge.

I currently own a Rolex Submariner 16610 with date and an Omega Seamaster Pro 212.30. The Sub is a 1999 model in good condition but has a small scratch on the bezel insert. It has never been serviced . I have the original boxes and anchor keychain. The SMP was purchased brand new in August of 2013 and is in mint condition.

My question pertains to whether or not you guys think a Rolex AD would consider a trade of both of these watches for a new SubC 116610 with date. The nearest dealer is an 8 hour drive away so I'd like an idea of what to expect before making the trip. I've called them and they won't give me a dollar amount I can expect for either watch without seeing them. I just don't want to take the long drive only to leave disappointed. In your experience, would this be a realistic trade?

I guess the other option would be to have my Sub serviced and the bezel insert replaced, sell both watches, then buy a SubC. In which case, do you know where I can buy an authentic bezel insert online? I know they're easy to pop off and replace.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Opinion on trading Sub 16610 & Omega SMP for 116610 SubC.

Interestingly, another member on this forum recently traded a mint SUB C 114060 (no date) plus cash for a BNIB SUB 14060M (no date). See here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/wou...ap-964111.html

I guess I don't even have a basic understanding of Rolex Sub values.

Go on a site like Chrono24 to get estimates of what your watches are worth.
    Remove a third and that's probably what they'll give you, or less.

You're better off selling them yourself and also looking for a deal on the new one.
    Or even buying the new sub second hand.
    If you want to sell your own watches online then look at others and see how they're priced and what they are like compared to yours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sell them yourself and buy a BNIB or LNIB example off of a trusted seller on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by seoulseeker View Post
    Interestingly, another member on this forum recently traded a mint SUB C 114060 (no date) plus cash for a BNIB SUB 14060M (no date). See here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/wou...ap-964111.html

I guess I don't even have a basic understanding of Rolex Sub values.
    Yeah, I don't know what that guy was thinking, he definitely should have gotten some money as part of the transaction.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Thread Information