Opinion on Tudor - Page 11
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Opinion on Tudor

Anyhow, back on topic. I find Tudor to offers very compelling value proposition, and like Rolex, they offer unmatched precision of manufacturing at their respective price points, their bracelets and endlinks exhibit very little lateral play, and the bezel action is very precise.

With their new in-house movements, exhibiting a high power reserve, and silicon hairsprings, their movements are extremely competitive as well. While the METAS certified Omega co-axial movements might be better, they are also at a higher price point than Tudor.

But more importantly, I find the designs that Tudor offers to be very attractive. They are indeed far edgier compared to their far more conservative Rolex sibling. Their designs tend to be more taste and function specific, but they make sense in a larger collection.

I think the real concern is the thickness of many of their watches, which is further accentuated by the flat slab midcase design. This is addressed by the Black Bay 58, and I hope to see more variants based on this, including a GMT version at some point.
    drhr, Simon and TJ Boogie like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Fair enough and frankly I am not too bothered by the accuracy whether it +1 a month or +10 a day as I don’t wear my watches long enough to notice anyway. I am however impressed w the finish the gliding second hand and the overall coolness of the piece.
    I am not a seikoholic but I find I wear them because they appeal to me more than some of my other watches . I am basically a looks first kind of guy then I go from there .
    I can understand being impressed with the finishing and the gliding second hand. And, yes, if the looks appeal to you, that’s definitely an important factor as well.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo Irish View Post
    I've been patiently waiting (for years!) for Tudor to issue the Ranger in a smaller size (anywhere between 36-38mm) because I feel the design will work much better.

I'm still waiting!

Enjoy your BB, I've been tempted by that from time to time.
    Me too! I'd be all over a Ranger 36 - 38mm, love the arrow hand..
    Anglo Irish likes this.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, MkII Key West , Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

definitely have more respect for tudor today than 5 years ago

What's a Tudor?
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    What's a Tudor?
    I love this guy :)

What's a Tudor?
    I think it's an antidote for Rolex Sycophancy. Results vary...
    Last edited by [email protected]_180; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    I love this guy :)
    up to a (short) point
    TJ Boogie likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

What's a Tudor?
    Sporty ...
    drhr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    Sporty ...
    Can't see the emoji but from you has to be funny . . . and thanks again for the vote of confidence in the OoO but as much as I enjoy your comments and knowledge (along with a few of the others), he'd push me to write something that would not be good for anybody
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information