Opinion on Tudor - Page 12
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Opinion on Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Can't see the emoji but from you has to be funny . . . and thanks again for the vote of confidence in the OoO but as much as I enjoy your comments and knowledge (along with a few of the others), he'd push me to write something that would not be good for anybody
    Nah he’s really harmless and enjoys taking the mick on some forums but not particularly on OoO. On OoO Jason71 is the eye in the sky who will thump anyone who transgresses into submission. So no worries there.
    Last edited by 5959HH; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:57.
    TJ Boogie, drhr and Gunnar_917 like this.

mav

Re: Opinion on Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    What's a Tudor?
    I heard it was a show or movie... not quite sure.

5959HH likes this.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    At one time, Tudor watches were the poor man's Rolex. That is true. NO denying the fact since that was the founder's original intent.

But I think that since Tudor has moved away from cheap Rolex knock offs (i.e. using the Oyster case) and developing their own designs and movements, Tudor can stand proudly on its own. A Tudor is a thinking man's Rolex.

To answer all your questions, so many of them;
    (1) No, I don't associate Tudor with Rolex as I think it is unique in its design to stand alone;
    (2) I don't consider it a high end watch because it is cheap;
    (3) I dislike their dress watches which look stupid and can only bring myself to buy one of those Black Bay divers;

In conclusion, you should get out more often and go try on a new Tudor. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Disclaimer: This is in direct response to the OP. No offence meant to any other WUS members who may feel offended by my comments as my comments reflect my own opinion only and does not reflect the opinion of the WUS membership as a whole nor do the moderators or sponsors endorse anything I say - including Lady Gaga and David Beckham.
    I like the "thinking mans" Rolex remark. My BIL bought a Tudor in the 90's while I had a GMT II and was trying to sell me that it was a Rolex, but cheaper. He made at least $300K more a year than I did at the time and did't compute that too well. I thought a jeweler had sold him a story to make a sale. However, after the new MT movements were introduced, I have 2 BB's and love them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tudor's transgressions at Baselworld are almost unforgiveable. We've been over this, but it really was that bad. I miss the classic Tudors. the Black Bay line was a cool resurrection of the brand (although I agree wholly about the slab-sides). The BB58 is a purebred, the GMT as well (date issue aside, I think that's been wholly rectified). I think 2020's Tudor novelties will be a defining moment for me in how I view the future of Tudor.
    5959HH, mav, mleok and 1 others like this.
    Best Regards,

--Todd

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    I heard it was a show or movie... not quite sure.

Name:  Tudah.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  40.9 KB
    mav, 5959HH and BarracksSi like this.

Rolex is staid and reliable.
    Tudor is Rolex's younger, sexier, more fun loving sister.
    I wouldn't say no to a Rolex but for my money I would buy a Tudor.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Boogie View Post
    Tudor's transgressions at Baselworld are almost unforgiveable. We've been over this, but it really was that bad. I miss the classic Tudors. the Black Bay line was a cool resurrection of the brand (although I agree wholly about the slab-sides). The BB58 is a purebred, the GMT as well (date issue aside, I think that's been wholly rectified). I think 2020's Tudor novelties will be a defining moment for me in how I view the future of Tudor.
    I was surprised Tudor didn't expand and build off their wildly popular and successful BB58 line and disappointed they didn't put an in-house movement in their Ranger. I haven't seen their PO1 but don't like what I see from the pictures. I keep saying to myself "Wait until next year!"
    TJ Boogie likes this.

mav

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I was surprised Tudor didn't expand and build off their wildly popular and successful BB58 line and disappointed they didn't put an in-house movement in their Ranger. I haven't seen their PO1 but don't like what I see from the pictures. I keep saying to myself "Wait until next year!"
    I think most were. I had really thought they were going to reintroduce their version of the Sub in some form, maybe another BB edition, with the movement coming from the BB58. Their IG teasers almost confirmed it in my mind but they trolled everyone. I also hoped that they would have updated the Ranger, North Flag and Heritage Chrono with newer movements and smaller case sizes.

But instead they gave us the P01. Yuck. I commend them for doing something different but it’s still whack.

I agree with TJ - Most can forgive them for a bad 2019 but they can’t screw up Basel 2020. It will be a defining year for them.
    TJ Boogie likes this.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    What's a Tudor?
    I think its pronounced Chuudah.

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    thanks again for the vote of confidence in the OoO
    Slightly OT - what's this "OoO", "Brother of OoO", etc that i am seeing here recently?
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information