Opinion on Tudor - Page 13
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Opinion on Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Boogie View Post
    Tudor's transgressions at Baselworld are almost unforgiveable. We've been over this, but it really was that bad.
    I have to confess - I have a guilty hankering for the champagne dial BB41. I found some of the more bold/blingy stuff quite interesting and adventurous - and it's also tipping me to get out of my comfort zone and buy a watch that I wouldnt otherwise consider (such as their regular BB/BB58s - nice watches, but I find better value higher and lower in the price chain).
    TJ Boogie likes this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Slightly OT - what's this "OoO", "Brother of OoO", etc that i am seeing here recently?
    Don’t you worry about it

Stop the Tudor bashing. They are awesome watches. However to wear one effectively you need to have a man’s wrist. The pre ‘58 Black Bay’s wear big but are without doubt is the most legible watch I own.

My ETA based Black Bay runs at plus half a second. Has been for over a year. Name:  IMG_6357.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  317.3 KB
    drhr and Simon like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Stop the Tudor bashing. They are awesome watches. However to wear one effectively you need to have a man’s wrist. The pre ‘58 Black Bay’s wear big but are without doubt is the most legible watch I own.

My ETA based Black Bay runs at plus half a second. Has been for over a year.
    Dang it that looks so good, maybe I can have the hand replaced . . . scratch that, probably not worth the cost (to/for me).
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Slightly OT - what's this "OoO", "Brother of OoO", etc that i am seeing here recently?
    PM'd you V so as to keep thread on track . . .
    vkalia likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    Hello to you all. First, I would like to say that I was hesitant to open this thread after what happened with the same Rolex thread, but I am sure that with Tudor, it will be different. The thing is that the only time I saw a Tudor in the flesh in an AD, it was in the 80s, and I was shocked how cheap it looked...
    Opinions vary.

circa 1979-1980

Name:  tsf005.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  222.8 KB
    Anglo Irish and Simon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post

My ETA based Black Bay runs at plus half a second. Has been for over a year. Name:  IMG_6357.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  317.3 KB

+1 sec a day!
    Simon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarshark View Post

+1 sec a day!
    and people want to put on an ETA 2824. When regulated properly they are up there with the best.
    Jaguarshark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    I think most were. I had really thought they were going to reintroduce their version of the Sub in some form, maybe another BB edition, with the movement coming from the BB58. Their IG teasers almost confirmed it in my mind but they trolled everyone. I also hoped that they would have updated the Ranger, North Flag and Heritage Chrono with newer movements and smaller case sizes.

But instead they gave us the P01. Yuck. I commend them for doing something different but it’s still whack.

I agree with TJ - Most can forgive them for a bad 2019 but they can’t screw up Basel 2020. It will be a defining year for them.
    As much as a POS the POS1 is I loved what Tudor did what the build up....

......A fantastic lesson to about not jumping to conclusions
    mav likes this.
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Msiekierski View Post
    I may be a minority opinion here, but I prefer the Tudor of yesteryear. Rolex casing, ETA movement. Can be serviced by any watchmaker with no issues. The new ones seem to be too bulky and trying to capitalize on the “vintage” or “heritage” look. That said, I love my blue 79090 sub and don’t consider it “poor man’s rolex”.
    Going back few pages...Mav, that snowflake looks great!
    My vintages.
    7016/0 semi pointed chrown.
    Montecarlo 7169/0
    9411 blue

I think the blue Monty is more valuable than my Daytona WG. Weird thing is that ;)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information