Opinion on Tudor - Page 2
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Opinion on Tudor

I am interested in this specific model.. never seen it in the flesh though. Any feedback or wrist shots?

Name:  Tudor Heritage.png
Views: 71
Size:  483.2 KB

This thread will be closed as well. Wait til the Rolex fanboys arrive.

Anyways here is my .02 before the lock. Tudor makes great watches. They have heritage, style, are well made and reasonably priced. I would own one proudly
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

I own a Tudor Pelagos, LHD!

I have always worn my watch on my right wrist... always, donít know why, I am not fully left handed, more ambidextrous but this watch screamed to me with its LHD design.

I had always known the brand and always respected the brand ( this is probably due to the fact until about 5 years ago I judged a watch on the price not the quality, hence why I liked certain Tagís which if we are honest nowadays are cheap tat)

Anyway, since I have learnt more about watches in general and the calibre and history of the brands I have liked them more and more!

I have owned a Submariner, sold it!
    My friend has owned several, in various colours (hulk/batman GMT) along with others he had sold them all! (Not flipping just got bored)
    My point being I have never considered selling my Tudor, never even crossed my mind and I donít think I ever would, the titanium case is second to none, itís fantastic! The rubber strap which I use as much as the bracelet is fantastic! (Bracelet alone with the self adjusting clasp, also incredible piece of engineering)

I donít compare them to Rolex even though I guess somewhere down the line they are connected! Also as Hodinkee and various other watch forums/magazines have stated
    The Pelagos on its own has been voted the best dive watch in its class year on year for value especially!

The black bay... also very very highly regarded piece...

I think Tudor can hold their own against any brand out there... the quality and performance of the watch alone puts it up there. Then if you take the price compared to a submariner how can it be a sub par watch... it clearly isnít!

Iím sure that will get some Rolex fanboys raging and bragging about how theirs is now worth ££££ís (zzzzzzz)

But before you all ďcome at meĒ Iím also a Rolex fanboy... Iím just humble enough to appreciate other brands and that a Rolex is, actually, over priced!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    My questions are the following: How did you perceive Tudor before, and how do you perceive it today? Do you still associate Tudor with Rolex? Do you consider it a high end watch? What are your likes/dislikes about the brand? The reason I opened this thread in the public section is to get unbiased opinions. Thank you for your input.
    Once i understood what Tudor was, I perceived Tudor as the entry-level brand for the Wilsdorf Trust. I still do today.

Of course I associate Tudor with Rolex. How can one not? This isn't like Swatch or Richemont where existing companies merged or were acquired; Tudor and Rolex have been sister brands since Tudor's inception.

I do not consider Tudor to be a high-end brand. For that matter, I do not consider Rolex to be a high-end brand.

I don't really have an opinion on Tudor; I've never had the opportunity to handle one in the metal, and I've never felt a particular need to. If anything, I find that the arrow hour hand used on the Ranger really should replace the Snowflake hour hand, but that's just me.

Good luck getting unbiased opinions on a watch forum.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    marcmc and mleok like this.
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    This thread will be closed as well. Wait til the Rolex fanboys arrive.
    I don't think so... I have the feeling that this one will live its natural life.
    Last edited by Panerol Forte; May 15th, 2019 at 16:27. Reason: Typo

From a business point of view, it is clear that Tudor complements the Rolex line-up and allows Rolex to target different market segments very effectively.

From a watch POV - Tudor makes very nice and robust watches. They arent *as* versatile as Rolex, IMO, but they are a lot cheaper and arguably better value. And since Tudor is the mothership's brand for being adventurous, you get more interesting designs there as well. I am considering a champagne dial BB myself.

@Paneroi Forte - I've owned the grey version of the Tudor Monte Carlo chrono that you have posted. It was a very nice watch. But in the end, it was a little too thick for its particular style and I got rid of it (I am ok with a thick Oris Brashear, an unabashedly casual watch. I am not so ok with thick watches if they are designed to be a little more versatile). If you can live with that, its certainly a very handsome watch.

Not sure what you are really looking for, beyond that. Also not sure why someone else would think that "Rolex fanboys" would crash this party or what controversy this thread would have. But then, i have never understood the WUS handwringing that happens on both sides of the fence the moment someone brings up the crown.
    Simon, mleok and Will_f like this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    If anything, I find that the arrow hour hand used on the Ranger really should replace the Snowflake hour hand, but that's just me.
    I totally agree with you, the Snowflake hour hand is for me a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Good luck getting unbiased opinions on a watch forum.
    I know, but it is always interesting to compare different points of views and get a certain idea of a brand that I am not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    @Panerol Forte - I've owned the grey version of the Tudor Monte Carlo chrono that you have posted. It was a very nice watch. But in the end, it was a little too thick for its particular style and I got rid of it (I am ok with a thick Oris Brashear, an unabashedly casual watch. I am not so ok with thick watches if they are designed to be a little more versatile). If you can live with that, its certainly a very handsome watch.
    Not sure what you are really looking for, beyond that.
    Thank you for your feedback. I am usually attracted to unusual watches, that's what draw my attention to the Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue. Even though I am committed to other brands, I don't mind getting something "unusual" from time to time. That's why I wanted to know more about Tudor and specifically about this model. It won't be a daily wearer, but built quality is very important to me, especially when it comes to the bracelet and clasp.

The snowflake hands were the reason that I bought a BB.
    On the other hand I would never buy a watch with arrow hands.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Panerol Forte likes this.

As far as quality of construction is concerned, my five-year old Black Bay loses nothing to my brotherís pre-ceramic Submariner.

I do think that as prices crept up Tudors lost a lot of their value proposition, especially when they first re-launched in the US. After all, in some ways it was yet another ETA-powered watch. However, in re-structuring the brand, theyíve made it the more avant-garde, less conservative Rolex. People often complain that with Rolex itís always just more of the same, but why wouldnít it be? Rolex buyers want what Rolex is selling. Tudor gives the company the option to venture out into more modern and fashion-forward designs. (Whether theyíre succeeding on that front is debatable, given that their ďheritageĒ line seems to be their most popular.)

Anyway, all of that to say now that Tudor are producing innovative, high quality in-house movements (without jacking up theirs prices) and casing them in high quality, well built watches, I think they are an excellent value. No, they donít go to the nth-degree like Rolex as far as materials (Iím thinking in terms of precious metals) but their movements and construction are excellent and I think they are the top brand in their price bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information