Opinion on Tudor - Page 5
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Opinion on Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    On their website, they say it's an ETA 2892 with an added chronograph. I don't know anything about that movement, but someone that has this watch already mentioned that it was very accurate.
    My bad. I got it mixed up with the newer Tudor chrono watches which used the Breitling movements. There is a watch calibre reference website that I go to. Check this one out. https://watchbase.com/tudor/caliber/mt5813
    Last edited by Dogbert_is_fat; 4 Weeks Ago at 23:09.

Nice Black Bay... someone got tired of this thread and fell asleep on his back... or maybe he is a Rolex fanboy; long haired huskies can be such snobs sometimes
    LOL. No, that is an Alaskan Malamute / Siberian Husky cross that I was "baby-sitting". That animal loves me to bits and keeps wanting me to play.
    Panerol Forte likes this.

Tudor remains the (in relative terms) affordable brand in the Wilsdorf stable. But both Wilsdorf brands have changed over the decades. Tudor is arguably now what Rolex was then, a maker of high quality tool watches which approximates Rolex’s former price point adjusted for inflation. Rolex, meanwhile, seems to be creating a new category of massed produced luxury (in respect of price point, at least in the grey market).

Both have improved their build quality over the years, both are now manufactures where neither used to be. Rolex’s premium position by comparison is now less about manufacturing quality in terms of functionality and durability and more about brand (probably 80% of the difference) and attention to cosmetic elements of the package.

For example, there is no convincing argument that Rolex makes a better tool watch than the Tudor Pelagos - indeed the evidence is to the contrary. But Rolex’s attention to finish and unparalleled brand appeal continue to put clear water between the brands in respect of consumer perception.

In short, the relative brand positioning remains the same and probably always will, but both brands have moved up market relative to the field, and in today’s market differentiation is no longer about manufacturing and actually little to do with the physical product at all.
    Panerol Forte, Simon, drhr and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Black Bay 41 is the only of their watches that I would personally buy. It's not that I don't like some of their other watches it's just that I always feel that I could find a watch I like better for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    OP, I do not like the snowflake hand, the only reason that I do not own a modern Tudor diver (my wife has an older mini sub), I've handled many Tudor models and while they are not quite on par quality wise with my Rolex watches (on purpose I think), no apologies need be made by them for price/product ratio now, would actually love to have one but doubt they will give up their sig hand just for me, sigh. . .
    I have the exact same feeling toward the snowflake hand. I really like the aesthetics of those modern Tudors, but can't get over the hour hand. It's while searching their website to see if I could find models with different hand that I stumbled on THC Blue; It is like a modern interpretation of a 70s chronograph with crazy graphics. It's too bad it has an Eta based movement instead of an inhouse.
    drhr likes this.

Iv a few Rolex and Tudor , Just look at this dial im head over heels with this Ref:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rudestew View Post
    Iv a few Rolex and Tudor , Just look at this dial im head over heels with this Ref:
    My question may sound stupid, but how do you adjust the bracelet size with the riveted links?

Name:  IMG_4970.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  1.08 MBName:  IMG_4971.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  2.14 MB
    My question may sound stupid, but how do you adjust the bracelet size with the riveted links?
    its got a couple of links with screws , the bracelet steps down rather than tapers down and the last few links on each end are the same width , very straight forward tbh.

Rolex is twice the price but not twice the watch

Name:  IMG_4684.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  1.60 MB
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

I think that a good looking watch you’re interested in Panerol. I think Tudor original designs are not bad at all. Bigger sizes and different materials would be great. Their bronze models are bad ass. Some titaniums would be great too. Their Rolex sized, Rolex looking, dive watches are just bogus. That black bay hour hand will prevent me from ever buying. Might be the worst hour hand ever.

Bro 50,OoO

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information