Opinion on Tudor - Page 7
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    These days Tudor make great watches. They have great offerings. Give me a black bay 38 and I'll call it a day. I dont consider myself a collector these days. More an enthusiast.

While Tudor does share some similarities with the big r, they are completely different. Watch hodinkee's talking watches with moki. He talks a great deal about his Tudor and the many journeys it saw him in as a navy seal.

Re: Opinion on Tudor

They are good

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    There as asked by 59

J Man that is one fine looking piece of horology but is my understanding now essentially sold out. Same case, bracelet, movement etc. as mine but lovely green dial and green ceramic bezel insert whereas mine is black. Another WUS member @Galaga had even gone so far as to tell me the green MMA300 even puts the Rolex Hulk to shame! The movement is supposed to be the same as that used in the Grand Seiko but undecorated and unregulated. However my MM300 runs at plus 5 seconds per day with dial up, and placed in my Orbita Sparta watchwinder has gained 4 seconds over the past 48 hours! In all fairness to Tudor I did at one time own a Ranger that was +1 second per day regardless of position but not until regulated at Rolex Service Center in Dallas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"Snowflake Hands:"

When seriously shopping the Tudor brand I was often put off by the odd hour hand presentation in photos (second hand disappears). In person, the hands seemed to fit into the overall appearance well and after wearing/owning the watch for a few weeks, I don't even notice this. The watch is very legible, daylight or darkness. The combination of features makes this a very ergonomic timepiece, perhaps far more than a fetish'd grail watch (choose your make). YMMV: I do Not miss the calendar complication or it's attendant cyclops; of this, I am certain (prior "R" equivalent).

'Just an observation - all subjective, of course.

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

Wanted a 36mm Explorer, since there's no such animal to be found new today I decided the Snowflake might fit the bill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5959HH and Anglo Irish like this.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, MkII Key West , Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2,

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Reliable yes and when you need it serviced they replace the module and don’t bother servicing that part...essentially less glamorous than a integrated chrono mvt .
    This! It’s a sandwich movement or something like that.

You can visually see it in case construction too. For example in this pic you can see how the integrated movement in the speed master pro (top watch) the pushers sit flush with the crown whereas in the speedmaster reduced (bottom watch) the pushers are slightly higher that the crown:
    Name:  85EE11EF-D444-42C7-8F2F-F59DA1635D35.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  35.8 KB
    Marendra and Snaggletooth like this.
    Brother of OoO

Solid brand that takes risks with design and only uses high quality materials.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentiethCenturyFox View Post
    Solid brand that takes risks with design and only uses high quality materials.
    They certainly took risk w that PO1 monstrosity
    Betterthere, 5959HH and Marendra like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    J Man that is one fine looking piece of horology but is my understanding now essentially sold out. Same case, bracelet, movement etc. as mine but lovely green dial and green ceramic bezel insert whereas mine is black. Another WUS member @Galaga had even gone so far as to tell me the green MMA300 even puts the Rolex Hulk to shame! The movement is supposed to be the same as that used in the Grand Seiko but undecorated and unregulated. However my MM300 runs at plus 5 seconds per day with dial up, and placed in my Orbita Sparta watchwinder has gained 4 seconds over the past 48 hours! In all fairness to Tudor I did at one time own a Ranger that was +1 second per day regardless of position but not until regulated at Rolex Service Center in Dallas.
    I never understood why people keep stating that it uses the same movement as the Grand Seiko 9S55 except that it is undecorated and unregulated as if it was a good thing. The 8L35 is only rated at +15/-10 spd, which is no better than a standard grade ETA 2824-2. Even the Grand Seiko 9S55 makes a puzzling distinction between its static accuracy of +5/-3 spd as opposed to a normal usage accuracy of +10/-1 spd, which just sounds like an attempt to claim a superior to COSC accuracy without a willingness to stand behind that claim.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I never understood why people keep stating that it uses the same movement as the Grand Seiko 9S55 except that it is undecorated and unregulated as if it was a good thing. The 8L35 is only rated at +15/-10 spd, which is no better than a standard grade ETA 2824-2. Even the Grand Seiko 9S55 makes a puzzling distinction between its static accuracy of +5/-3 spd as opposed to a normal usage accuracy of +10/-1 spd, which just sounds like an attempt to claim a superior to COSC accuracy without a willingness to stand behind that claim.
    When you get it serviced it becomes a Grand Seiko movement.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information