Opinion on Tudor - Page 9
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Opinion on Tudor

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Opinion on Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by AL9C1 View Post
    That black bay hour hand will prevent me from ever buying. Might be the worst hour hand ever.
    Or the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    Agree on the hour hand... It's funny how it divides opinions. Some hate it and won't buy because of it, others love it and buy because of it. I am not aware of another brand that suffers the same issue (Breguet maybe?). I am sure that Tudor must be aware that they may be loosing a lot of potential customers; how hard would it be to offer some models with "normal" hour hands?
    There are quite a few others. I would love an Explorer but I won’t buy it because of the “Mercedes” hand. I won’t buy an Omega Railmaster or PO, despite loving everything else about them, because of the arrow hand. The same criticism can be levied on most modern higher-end Seiko divers. I’m sure I’m not the only person who feels this way.

There are a lot of otherwise beautiful watches out there that suffer from awful hand selection.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I never understood why people keep stating that it uses the same movement as the Grand Seiko 9S55 except that it is undecorated and unregulated as if it was a good thing. The 8L35 is only rated at +15/-10 spd, which is no better than a standard grade ETA 2824-2. Even the Grand Seiko 9S55 makes a puzzling distinction between its static accuracy of +5/-3 spd as opposed to a normal usage accuracy of +10/-1 spd, which just sounds like an attempt to claim a superior to COSC accuracy without a willingness to stand behind that claim.
    A movement’s “rating” is not an indicator of actual precision, it’s just a preset threshold within which the manufacturer will not find a movement to be defective. In other words, that number comes from the legal department, not the factory floor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kulprit View Post
    There are quite a few others. I would love an Explorer but I won’t buy it because of the “Mercedes” hand. I won’t buy an Omega Railmaster or PO, despite loving everything else about them, because of the arrow hand. The same criticism can be levied on most modern higher-end Seiko divers. I’m sure I’m not the only person who feels this way.

There are a lot of otherwise beautiful watches out there that suffer from awful hand selection.

Now that you mention it, it happened to me more than once to see a beautiful watch with ugly hands, and wondered what were they thinking, the hands look like an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Msiekierski View Post
    I may be a minority opinion here, but I prefer the Tudor of yesteryear. Rolex casing, ETA movement. Can be serviced by any watchmaker with no issues. The new ones seem to be too bulky and trying to capitalize on the “vintage” or “heritage” look. That said, I love my blue 79090 sub and don’t consider it “poor man’s rolex”.
    I get where you are coming from - but to me, new Tudors are now becoming a little less contrained by the need to not compete with Rolex.

Sure, the Diet Pepsi has been deliberately been made to be significantly chunkier. But the BB58 is a very credible watch in it's own right, etc. And with an inhouse movement, offers more value than the older ETA BB41.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Simon and TJ Boogie like this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

FWIW, I think that Tudor are now (generally) making the type of watches that Rolex used to make: Understated tool watches, that are not eye-wateringly expensive.

Design-wise, I tend to prefer Tudor to Rolex. For me, the BB 58 is far more aesthetically pleasing than the latest Subs, Sea Dwellers, etc.

I'm not a Rolex hater - I've owned them in the past, and will maybe own them again in the future. But for now, it's Tudor.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    Wanted a 36mm Explorer, since there's no such animal to be found new today I decided the Snowflake might fit the bill.
    I've been patiently waiting (for years!) for Tudor to issue the Ranger in a smaller size (anywhere between 36-38mm) because I feel the design will work much better.

I'm still waiting!

Enjoy your BB, I've been tempted by that from time to time.

I think they had a very good 2018 marred by delays and mechanical issues with their newer movements that they fixed very quickly... and then they came out and had a rather flat opening to 2019 that made a lot of people yawn. Need to step their game up soon to keep the trend going... oh and also make their GMT smaller.
    TJ Boogie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Looks fine to me

And the accuracy of mine is +4 /day so I am rather pleased
    I recall similarly optimistic claims from owners about the accuracy of the 6R15s in the SARBs, but the three that I owned performed much closer to the outer limits of the published specifications, so I would much rather rely on the accuracy specifications that a manufacturer is willing to stand behind.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    The accuracy of my MM300 is +5 seconds per day and am also pleased. However, I wouldn't be happy if it were running at minus 10 seconds per day.
    But unless you bring a Timegrapher with you when watch shopping, you don’t really know what you’ll get from the luck of the draw.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information