Opinions
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Opinions

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Opinions

So I am looking for a new watch and came to the conclusion that this is the right time for a Rolex Explorer II (pre-owned). After being so let down by Tudors lack of a new Submariner, I decided that this would be a good Investment.
    While shopping, I went to a Tourneau and they had the one I wanted. I was super excited and when I put it on, the damn thing looked so small on my wrist that I just can't do it. It just looked silly and the saleswoman even agreed. I was beyond disappointed. I'd love the newer, bigger model but it's a few thousand MORE than I was originally trying to spend so that won't work. I guess it's not meant to be...for now.

That being said, I'm still looking and have come up with these amazing watches. Out of these pictured, I'd love to hear your thoughts on which one to choose. As a side note, I already have a Panerai Luminor so while I do want it, it's no longer number 1. Ok.....go!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Opinions

So,how big is your wrist anyways??? Explorer ll is 40mm isn't it?
    So,I say buy whichever you like . Aside from the Tudor GMT thy're all fairly similar. So Get the biggest one.

"investment", there is a bridge in New York that might give a better return.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own the 40mm Explorer II, Pelagos, and my father owns a Black Bay Bronze. You may need more context on why you're looking for a watch in the first place, as every watch on that list is pretty similar.

For me... I really need the date, so that takes out the BB without the GMT, and I don't really need/like the GMT feature. I got the Pelagos but it's too big for my small wrist, and it's strictly a tool watch, can't really dress it up.

Aesthetically, I like the Black Bays the most though, very versatile.

LOL!! My wrist is 7.5" which doesn't seem like a crazy size but when I tried that watch on, it just looked so small. The saleswoman agreed that it didn't look good and she gained NOTHING by saying that. I can't explain why. Maybe because it's not a chunky bezel like a Submariner or because it doesn't have a colored bezel. It just looked...off.

I used to have the Breitling SuperOceanII. I loved it, then fell out of love with it and sold it and have regretted it ever since. I am contemplating it again but there are a few others that pique my interest.

Of the watches pictured, I would take the Luminor Submersible. But I am not a fan of Tudor (especially those stupid snowflake hour hands) or Breitling (with a few exceptions). I do like Panerai.
    If a 40mm Rolex looks ridiculously small on your wrist, GO BIG.
    trident1970 and Notorious972 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Typos View Post
    I own the 40mm Explorer II, Pelagos, and my father owns a Black Bay Bronze. You may need more context on why you're looking for a watch in the first place, as every watch on that list is pretty similar.

For me... I really need the date, so that takes out the BB without the GMT, and I don't really need/like the GMT feature. I got the Pelagos but it's too big for my small wrist, and it's strictly a tool watch, can't really dress it up.

Sorry. I guess I should have explained that better. I am looking for a watch that isn't a beater but won't break if it gets bumped or knocked around. Basically a sporty watch that can be worn for numerous situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Typos View Post

Sorry. I guess I should have explained that better. I am looking for a watch that isn't a beater but won't break if it gets bumped or knocked around. Basically a sporty watch that can be worn for numerous situations.

Try Grand Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by 14060 View Post
    Try Grand Seiko.
    Those are also gorgeous watches. I might have to do a little more research on those. Thanks for the advice!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information