The Opposite of Affordable Watches?

Thread: The Opposite of Affordable Watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rolling eyes The Opposite of Affordable Watches?

Hi all! While I do enjoy visiting all of the forums here at WUS, I noticed that there wasn't a forum for ridiculously high end watches, you know, like the opposite of the Affordable Watches forum.

That being the case, I decided to post two really expensive watches here (original source: http://watches.infoniac.com/). I'll let you read the descriptions as I didn't want to take too much from the referring site. To say that these watches are expensive is a rank understatement, as the Hublot itself will make a $1 million dent in your wallet.

Hublot Black Caviar Watch (http://watches.infoniac.com/hublot-u...viar-bang.html):
    It's like a skeleton watch but only if you saw it with X-ray goggles on.

And, as if its polar opposite were being made, Girard-Perregaux Cat's Eye Haute Joaillerie Watch:
    (http://watches.infoniac.com/girard-perregaux-watch-cats-eye-haute-joaillerie.html):

Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

Re: The Opposite of Affordable Watches?

Don't like either of those, the word fugly comes to mind

V8

Any watch is expensive when it has diamonds on it. I think for most of us the opposite of affordable starts around $1,000 or so (for me it is even less )

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Don't like either of those, the word fugly comes to mind
    Fugly is being kind, but I guess there's a demographic/market for everything. Even people with no taste sometimes have money! ;D I mean jeesh, it still blows my mind that there's people out there that eat spaetzel... wow the most bland worthless waste of stomach room I've ever experienced. That's a bite I'll never get back! ;D

Along with being the opposite of affordable, they are also the opposite of tasteful and classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Don't like either of those...
    +1

Not my cuppa at all. Just trying to imagine all the other unaffordable things I could buy if I had that kind of money to fork out on something...

While I would have a hard time wearing either of those, the Hublot's invisible set diamond pattern in amazing. For those that didnt read the article, there is no visible gold on the watch. the whitish color at the edges of the diamonds are just reflections. Its impressive, to say the least.

I swear Hublot comes out with a different Big Bang every week. They better come up with something new as the Big Bang can only be stretched so far. It is nuts how many versions they have IMO.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Two very ugly watches that no one here will ever buy so there´s no point to have a forum about them.
    "It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste." Henry Ford

I'll pass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information