Optimum hand movement for fastest, most efficient winding of automatic watch?

Thread: Optimum hand movement for fastest, most efficient winding of automatic watch?

Optimum hand movement for fastest, most efficient winding of automatic watch?

I often have to put on my watch and go, then I might have to take it off in a few hours and then put it on again later so Im wondering whats the best hand movement to get it wound fast? Is a rotary movement bast, or back and forth, or perhaps a stroking movement or a wave? I usually try to do the one that feels and sounds like its winding the best but Id like to know if anyone here has more insight.

Re: Optimum hand movement for fastest, most efficient winding of automatic watch?

Please post a youtube video of all the above listed movements......

*lol*

I usually hold it by the band and hold it parallel to the floor and gently move my wrist in a circle with a flick.
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Re: Optimum hand movement for fastest, most efficient winding of automatic watch?

Like throwing a Frisbee, just don't let go

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

potz

What do you think???

stuffler,mike

I have a butler for that

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I have a butler for that
    My valet does a competent job of it, but I have found that engaging a competent watchboy to wear all of my watches at once and swing his arms to and fro keeps them at peak performance.
    Seiko SKX031 - MPMMM
    Seiko 6309-7290 (Looking for an authentic dial)

dont forget that auto watches wind in counter, clockwise, or both directions. i think youre fine with wearign it for a couple hours, itll be wound up enough. dont forget your auto might be handwindable, that way you can wind it manually for about 10 secs or so, and youre set for the day!

PS: if anyone needs a butler to handle their watches, im unemployed right now and could use the work! ill do it for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    dont forget that auto watches wind in counter, clockwise, or both directions.
    As does my watchboy. I suspect he might be stealing from me though, it's something I'll have to have my valet keep an eye on.
    Seiko SKX031 - MPMMM
    Seiko 6309-7290 (Looking for an authentic dial)

I'm just happy this question wasn't posted in The Cafe - or I'm afraid Mike and I would have had some serious editing to do.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Wouldnt this be the proper motion? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPoMjineGS0

Thread Information