Options please!

Thread: Options please!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mac

Options please!

Put this on the Omega forum since my options are so far all Omega but since I am after alternatives.....?

Hi,
    Just a bit of fun really but then again it may just push me over the edge to buy something!
    I have £2,350 gbp ($3,800 usd).
    I want to use it for another watch, I already have a brand new 2254.50 (on Bond bracelet and with a "Non AC Cup" dial fitted).
    I'm dithering as usual but am tempted to buy a chrono, the exception to the chrono part being the DeVille "Power Reserve" which has been tempting me for two years now.
    I like a lot of watches but can't decide enough to pull the trigger.
    I am fickle but then again maybe it's just that I've made a few incorrect decisions and am scared to do it again?
    Either way I really want to decide before prices go up yet again!
    I like the Speed master BA 57, the "Patch" LE (although I'd prefer a date function), the DeVille chrono (very nice but will it wear too big for my 6.5 / 6.75" wrists?), the AT chrono and of course the DeVille Power Reserve.
    I really like the PO but the chrono is too big and the non chrono is another dive watch, which I'm not sure is the way I want to go.
    I'd like something that will look good in a dress scenario but not necessarily a full blown dress watch.
    These are just a few of course and I'm all ears as to alternatives.
    So, I'm not asking you to tell me what to buy, that's my job! But I am asking you to educate me as to possibilities so please feel free to give me options. Of course, as always pics are greatly appreciated.
    If you won't leave me alone, I'll find someone who will

Exclamation Re: Options please!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Put this on the Omega forum since my options are so far all Omega but since I am after alternatives.....?

Hi,
    Just a bit of fun really but then again it may just push me over the edge to buy something!
    I have £2,350 gbp ($3,800 usd).
    I want to use it for another watch, I already have a brand new 2254.50 (on Bond bracelet and with a "Non AC Cup" dial fitted).
    I'm dithering as usual but am tempted to buy a chrono, the exception to the chrono part being the DeVille "Power Reserve" which has been tempting me for two years now.
    I like a lot of watches but can't decide enough to pull the trigger.
    I am fickle but then again maybe it's just that I've made a few incorrect decisions and am scared to do it again?
    Either way I really want to decide before prices go up yet again!
    I like the Speed master BA 57, the "Patch" LE (although I'd prefer a date function), the DeVille chrono (very nice but will it wear too big for my 6.5 / 6.75" wrists?), the AT chrono and of course the DeVille Power Reserve.
    I really like the PO but the chrono is too big and the non chrono is another dive watch, which I'm not sure is the way I want to go.
    I'd like something that will look good in a dress scenario but not necessarily a full blown dress watch.
    These are just a few of course and I'm all ears as to alternatives.
    So, I'm not asking you to tell me what to buy, that's my job! But I am asking you to educate me as to possibilities so please feel free to give me options. Of course, as always pics are greatly appreciated.
    Well... of course the DeVille chrono is a total beauty...
    But I've recently developped an unhealthy fascination for the weird Chronoscope DeVille

(problem, the price is around 4500€... )

and if it was a no price limit game, the GMT rose gold version

My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Mac

Re: Options please!

Thanks Reno but that's waaaaaay out of budget even in SS!

The Hour Vision was an option but the only AD who would discount it into budget can't supply one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Reno but that's waaaaaay out of budget even in SS!

The Hour Vision was an option but the only AD who would discount it into budget can't supply one!

o_O Hour Vision ? It's priced around 4500€ too...

Did you mean the DeVille Chronometre ?

I would certainly like one of those...

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Mac

No I meant the Hour vision (SS , black dial on black strap), my AD would have given me 25% to bring it into budget but only AD's who subscribe to the HV stocking policy can sell them!
    Bloody daft if you ask me.

Exclamation Re: Options please!

No I meant the Hour vision (SS , black dial on black strap), my AD would have given me 25% to bring it into budget but only AD's who subscribe to the HV stocking policy can sell them!
    Bloody daft if you ask me.
    Your AD can have a Hour Vision for around 3000€ ? o_O

Are we talking about this one ?

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.ph...001&no_cache=1

Whoa, even SS, that's a HUGE bargain
    You should definitely go for it… in-house movement and all…

MY COLLECTION :

Mac

Can't go for it as he's not able to supply the HV range!
    But if he was he'd do one for £2,350 gbp.

Best I can get from an HV stockist is £2,600 gbp.

lol.. it took me a while to realize that omega is your sig. I was wondering why you kept posting the same pic over and over.

Can't go for it as he's not able to supply the HV range!
    But if he was he'd do one for £2,350 gbp.

Best I can get from an HV stockist is £2,600 gbp.
    That's correct if you're getting a 25% discount, as the HV is £3125 RRP in the UK. Mac are you in the London area? That is a very good AD you have there to do 25%. If he can't do that on the HV, maybe he will be able to give you a discount on the Aquaterra 8500 when it comes out -- it is slated for a £2500 RRP and expected early 09.

At any rate, I haven't found anybody in Central who would even move 1% for me! If you've got a friendly London dealer, I'm sure there's plenty a London WUS who would be interested.

Mac

Sorry but I'm in the Midlands as is the AD.

He will do me a good % off the AT when it comes out but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for?

I may decide to get another diver type and steer away from dressy options? My wife seems to think I'd not wear a dressy watch enough and that I am more suited to "diver" styles?

Would this be daft? or is it common to "bond" with a certain style of watch and have a few of them (i.e divers or chronos etc.) ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information