Options when buying a watch

Thread: Options when buying a watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Options when buying a watch

Hello everyone

I have a little under $2,000 to spend on a watch. My dilemma is I don't know if I should buy two cheaper watches or one watch that uses all of my money. I'm just starting my collection and I'm not sure how I want to organize it.
    What would/have you guys done?

I looked for a previous thread on this topic but didn't find anything.

Oh the more expensive watch I would probably get is a Tourby skeleton and for the multiple option there are quite a few I've been thinking about.

Thanks,

Dalton

ESQ

Re: Options when buying a watch

I would wait and get a skeleton watch after you have some more versatile pieces.

I would go for one watch that can be worn with a suit as well as casual wear.

Banned

I would get one watch. Tourby seems to do some nice designs!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's quite a watch to begin your collection... Maybe go for a more versatile watch first and then get that one in the future... I'm just starting out myself... My plan is get a cheaper watch now and save up for a more expensive watch: Tissot Visodate for Christmas and currently saving up for an Omega Aqua Terra... By the time I save $5,000 I'm pretty sure I'll want something else...
    -Mic

Rotation: Ω Speedmaster 3572.50, Ω SMP 2254.50, Garmin Forerunner 920XT...

Next:
    something dressy, can't decide...

Do you have a grail watch to save for? If not at 2k you could get a nice vintage JLC or a pretty recent Omega Speedmaster for a few hundred more.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by micreyes11 View Post
    That's quite a watch to begin your collection... Maybe go for a more versatile watch first and then get that one in the future... I'm just starting out myself... My plan is get a cheaper watch now and save up for a more expensive watch: Tissot Visodate for Christmas and currently saving up for an Omega Aqua Terra... By the time I save $5,000 I'm pretty sure I'll want something else...
    by the time you saved $5000, they will jack up the price.
    seriously though, I was saving for a planet ocean then the price went up by 50%

Right now I have a cheap Bulova and a 20 year old Raymond Weil.

I should mention that I pretty much only like dress watches. I prefer a very simple dial thats not crowded. I do love skeletons though, it seems like when I see all the mechanics I respect it more.
    This may seem strange to some but I don't like most Rolexes, Breitlings, divers, and chronos.
    The Aqua Terra doesn't look bad though.

If I had the patience I would save for an Omega I tried on a few weeks ago. I don't remember the name but it was pretty simple, gold case, sapphire glass sides(which I love), and cost $18,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchington DC View Post
    Right now I have a cheap Bulova and a 20 year old Raymond Weil.

I should mention that I pretty much only like dress watches. I prefer a very simple dial thats not crowded. I do love skeletons though, it seems like when I see all the mechanics I respect it more.
    This may seem strange to some but I don't like most Rolexes, Breitlings, divers, and chronos.
    The Aqua Terra doesn't look bad though.

If I had the patience I would save for an Omega I tried on a few weeks ago. I don't remember the name but it was pretty simple, gold case, sapphire glass sides(which I love), and cost $18,000.
    If you love dress watches then save 4.5k and get a vintage Patek or Vacheron.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Depends on how much you are into watches in general and how many you want to have. If you are looking for ONE watch, they one watch that you will wear for all occasions and arent the type who wants to have several brands, movements, complications etc, then pick one watch for 2k or save up more for something that you absolutely love.

If you are like most of us here on this forum though, you may want to explore multiple options for that budget because you can get two very different styles, different movements, and different complications. Its really upto your personality and interest in the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by omega1234 View Post
    If you love dress watches then save 4.5k and get a vintage Patek or Vacheron.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information