Orange is the New Black
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Orange is the New Black

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Picture Orange is the New Black

Now that everyone from Michael Kors to Donna Karan has declared opulent orange to be the hot new fashion color for 2012, don’t you wonder where they got the idea?
    Orange is in this year! Top fashion designers including Michael Kors, Cynthia Rowley, Max Azaria and Donna Karan have all made this hot new color a big part of their Spring 2012 ready to wear collections. Pantone, the color authority for designers around the world, has even declared that Tangerine Tango is the 2012 color of the year.
    Where do you think all these designers discovered the opulence of orange? They might have just looked at their wrist. Many of the world’s most popular wristwatches were incorporating this color in their designs long before the fashionista’s discovered it. Maybe these designers noticed the sporty looking orange Haurex Caimano. This spectacular Italian design features a two-tone orange color scheme with a dark orange dial and lighter orange plastceramic case and strap. This distinctive 45mm diver style is powered by a quality quartz movement and is water resistant to 100 meters.
    It is just as likely that they might have seen something in the innovative new Haurex Ink collection. These beautiful watches feature colorful anodized aluminum cases in a wide variety of colors, including a spectacular women’s Ink model in bright orange.

High visibility orange has always been a popular color for diver’s watches. Just look at the new Swiss Military Calibre Marine Orange Rubber Date Watch. With a bright orange rotating bezel and matching silicon strap, this watch is hard to ignore.
    The Swiss Military Calibre Immersion Orange Dial offers another view of how watchmakers utilize this popular color. This handsome watch utilizes a bright orange dial with contrasting bar-shaped indices to provide maximum visibility under any conditions.

More Orange Watches
    3H ItaliaRef. 441AN HaemmerRef. HC-07 Johan EricRef. JE5001-04-001.79

FortisRef. 647.11.42.SL.20 ViceroyRef. 432099-45 Paris HiltonRef. 138.4320.99

We can’t tell you exactly how long you’ll be seeing orange on the world’s fashion runways. Like Heidi Klum always says “one day you’re in, and one day you’re out.” We can tell you where to find next year’s hot color however. Just look at your wrist. Maybe it’s yellow, or purple, or green. These days, it’s almost certain that you can find your favorite watch in any color under the rainbow.

Source: http://gevrilgroup.com/watchbrands/
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; December 22nd, 2011 at 07:21.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: Orange is the New Black

I've put off buying one of these for too long...looks like 2012 will be the year I finally pick one up. :)
    Name:  SKX781-b.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  64.9 KB

this is a horrible photo, but the actual watch looks awesome:

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  670.8 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Man, and I just sent my orange watch to Singapore.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

If orange is current high fashion, you can bet that it will be quite unfashionable very soon.

But you'll still have the orange watch!

Name:  IMG_2362.jpg
Views: 1865
Size:  96.6 KB
    …I've always been a fan of orange. Opted for the splash or orange on the dial which is fashionable enough…and one can always opt for a strap change.
    Last edited by JWM69; December 22nd, 2011 at 08:17.
    Perseus likes this.
    “This is a Roche Vouceau. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to THREE atmospheres. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad. This is ‘THE’ sports watch of the ’80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail.”

~Louis Winthorpe III

WnS

I have one orange shirt and a bit of orange text on my Lum-Tec M23, that's about as orange as I get.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I've had my orange since 2005, perhaps it's time to change; I wouldn't want to be thought to be following a whim of fashion.

Name:  POsilicon 001a.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  166.3 KB

Very nice!

OzO

All this orange and not a Doxa in sight.... Time to fix that!

lukkluj, J.J. Black and WnS like this.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information