Ordering from Bodying.co.uk or CreationWatches.co.uk

Thread: Ordering from Bodying.co.uk or CreationWatches.co.uk

Ordering from Bodying.co.uk or CreationWatches.co.uk

Edit: title should say Bodying.co.uk or CreationWatches.com

Does anyone have experience of purchasing from CreationWatches.com or Bodying.co.uk particularly for delivery to the UK? On Bodying.co.uk it says that vat is included in the price, does this mean I will not have to pay any extra customs charges on receiving the watch? I have checked their website but can't find any specific reference to UK deliveries, only that prices on Bodying.de are for watches only, "you might be responsible and liable for any possible VAT charges, custom duties, import tax, broker fees or any possible additional custom handling charges incurred upon arriving at your customs border." As it only singles out ordering from Germany does this mean that UK orders are fully inclusive and I won't be liable for the above charges? CreationWatches does say that I may be liable for the charges? Has anyone ordered from these sites and did you have to pay anything extra in order to receive the parcel or receive a bill from the courier company after delivery? I have emailed Bodying.co.uk but so far haven't had a response (this also concerns me slightly). I'm just concerned that what appears to be a bargain may come with hidden charges so would really appreciate hearing other peoples experiences. Thanks.
    Last edited by craiguk; September 7th, 2011 at 23:16.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Ordering from Bodying.co.uk or CreationWatches.co.uk

If you live in the UK and order from the UK: no custom fees
    If you live in the UK and order from Germany or any other EU MS: no costum fees
    If you order from outside EU: custom fee needs to be paid.

For more info: HMRC

In order to determine the correct duty rate you will need to identify the correct commodity code for your goods. You can do this by consulting Volume 2 of the Revenue and Customs Integrated Tariff of the United Kingdom (Tariff for short) or the European Commission's Europa website selecting the Taric option.

If, after studying the Tariff and seeking guidance from other sources such as a Trade association or a Chamber of Commerce, there is still an uncertainty about the correct commodity code that applies to your goods, verbal advice can be sought from the Tariff Classification Service (Tel 01702 366077).
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah that's what I thought but on Bodying.co.uk it specifically says "inc vat" next to the price. Although it's a .co.uk website it does say that the watch could ship from any of its worldwide warehouses

Bodying has warehouses in several places around the world, ie. USA, UK, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia and also Japan.However, not all watch models are stocked in all warehouses. Bodying will ship from whichever warehouse that stock the particular watch model and will ship from the nearest warehouse possible.

Is it possible they pay the UK vat? Otherwise how can they say the price includes it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have received an email from Bodying saying that if I make a purchase from Bodying.co.uk there will be no duties for shipment to the UK. I ordered the watch this morning and have had confirmation of dispatch. On checking the Fedex tracking info it appears that it was sent from Malaysia. Have to wait and see what happens. The Orange Monster is on its way though!!

I bought a Fortis Spacematic Alarm Chrono from Bodying.de in 2008 - no problems with customs whatsoever. It was the genuine article, BNIB with wallet etc and I still can't believe how much I got it for.

Thanks V10k for your reply, I can now also update the post from my own experience.

I ordered an Orange Monster from Bodying.co.uk on a Thursday morning and it arrived at my house at 8am the following Monday morning. Needless to say I was very impressed but still half expecting a bill for the import duty to arrive a few days later, but 3 weeks on and nothing. I've heard it usually comes within a week if it's coming. Anyway I decided the OM wasn't for me and sold it on. I then ordered a Mini Monster from Bodying.co.uk and this took a few days to dispatch but was still with me in just over a week and yet again no import tax. So yes in my experience they are a very efficient company and no import tax!

In my experience (x4) if there are charges to pay you won't receive your watch until Parcelforce release it, once you've paid your customs charge to them.

Therefore if you already have your watch I'd be very surprised if HMRC come knocking on your door later.

Thanks, that's reassuring, I'll relax and enjoy my new watch (when the new bracelet arrives for it!)

I bought a Seiko from CreationWatches in January and it arrived in 3 days, no additional charges, but that may have been because it was under £100 which I think is the threshold for import duty and VAT?

BTW. Is bodying.co.uk an Amazon affiliate?
    Last edited by peakay; October 2nd, 2011 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by peakay View Post
    Is bodying.co.uk an Amazon affiliate?
    Not to my knowledge. Not sure what it is to be honest, I just know their customer service is efficient and excellent and it's possible to pick up a bargain on old stock.

Thread Information