Orient - :(

Thread: Orient - :(

Orient - :(

I purchased an Orient Titanium to kick around with. It was $150, but right out of the box- broken. Also the quality isn't really that good. Really seemed like a cheap watch. It only worked with moving the watch to wind it. If you turn the crown, it wouldn't wind.

Anyway, I think I need a G-shock for kicking around and not having to care what is on my wrist. I'm 35 years old and had Gshocks when I was young, and after looking at their site they have some real nice looking pieces. I love their analog. I bet those things last forever...I believe it, cause the ones I had from years ago when I was younger still work!

Re: Orient - :(

I'm sorry your disappointed. Fwiw, neither of my Orient autos wind through the crown. In fact, none of my Asian automatics do.

I have an Orient, it's a great watch for the price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
    Also the quality isn't really that good. Really seemed like a cheap watch.
    Well, you paid $150. The quality corresponds to that price. Do not expect a $2000 watch quality.
    IMO, it is a cheap, good quality watch.
    Broken from the box? Well, use the warranty, man!
    It will be fixed or repaired!
    Yes, G-shocks are renown for the ruggedness.
    Good luck!

Inactive

Broken in what way? If you mean that it won't wind by turning the crown, that's not broken, that's simply the way the movement works. Just give it a few swirls and it's good to go. If there is something else wrong, you should be able to return it under warranty, as Janne pointed out. Orients are well made watches that are at least as good as others in their price range, often better.

I could be wrong, but to me it sounds like the watch is not broken. You have to shake it and then wear it. If it stops while you are wearing it, then you have an issue. As others have stated it does not wind through the crown.

Orient has a track record of exceptional customer service, so if the watch is indeed broken they will fix it.

Thanks for all the information. I learned something. I thought this Orient used the crown and movement to wind it up. Like the way my Nav-B is. Now that I know it is not broken I'll take another look at it and wear it a couple days to see if I like it. Now having seen those Gshocks, I'm wondering if that $150 would be able to get one of those. Some of the nice ones are up there.

Sorry to hear that. I think it is uncommon with Orient watches. I have one cheap 90$ Orient Submariner and it's a great quality watch.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
    I purchased an Orient Titanium to kick around with. It was $150, but right out of the box- broken. Also the quality isn't really that good. Really seemed like a cheap watch. It only worked with moving the watch to wind it. If you turn the crown, it wouldn't wind.

Anyway, I think I need a G-shock for kicking around and not having to care what is on my wrist. I'm 35 years old and had Gshocks when I was young, and after looking at their site they have some real nice looking pieces. I love their analog. I bet those things last forever...I believe it, cause the ones I had from years ago when I was younger still work!
    These forums are full of happy Orient owners, myself being one of them. FWIW, Orient offers quality pieces with in house movements for affordable prices. Your experience is not the norm.

If the watch broke during shipping, return it for another. If you don't like the watch, return it for something else. The point that you are bouncing between an Orient and a Casio kinda says that maybe you weren't too sure about the Orient in the first place.
    Last edited by nhoJ; November 8th, 2008 at 22:56.

Well, it is unfair to judge a company because you were unfamiliar with how their products work. Most entry level Seiko and Orient divers don't have winding capability, so you have to give them a little shake and wear them to wind it up.

I guess in the end though, everyone has different preferences.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information