• FD0F004W

10 76.92%
  • ET0P001W

3 23.08%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Time On My Hands

Thread: ORIENT FD0F004W or ET0P001W Poll

ORIENT FD0F004W or ET0P001W Poll

Hi guys! I am new to this forum (relatively) and I am thinking of getting a new watch. As I am still a student, I cannot afford the high end watches as yet. Therefore I decided to go for either ORIENT FD0F004W or ET0P001W. I've created a post asking for opinion in the Orient section but I would like to gather more opinions on the two watches. Please forgive me if I am not allowed to do this (double posting, posting in wrong section or such). I am still very new to using forums! Please feel free to share your opinion/experience/recommendation for similar watches (in particular cream dial face)! Thanks in advance!

Name:  fd0f004w.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  43.4 KB fd0f004w
    Name:  et0p001w_edit.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  102.7 KBet0p001w

You

Re: ORIENT FD0F004W or ET0P001W Poll

Personally I like the model with the 6 o'clock date and the sun. The dial is well balanced and not too busy, while still giving the idea of a high-end dress watch.

The one negative thing that I could think of is that the rose gold plating is going to show any dings or scratches (when it chips or wears off) much more than a simple stainless steel bezel. If you plan to wear this watch every day that might be something to consider.

I prefer the first one by far. The dial is more balanced. Nice blue hands. It's not plated. Also I prefer the power reserve indicator to the day subdial and sun/moon thing which I always think of as a disappointing substitute for a moon phase and is often disguised as such on cheap watches.

In any case I think you've chosen well and there are few better alternatives for the price. If you increase the budget a bit there are more Japanese and entry level Swiss options.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I chose the second one in black.

Because we all have a passion for watches.
    Like my page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheWatchPage

My affordable's: IngersollGrand Canyon, Vostok EuropeGaz 14 Limousine, OrientBlue Mako XL, OrientFET0P002B, AnconSea Shadow, MovadoSports Edition,TheoremaToronto, XenScroll 2nd xq 0117, Aeromatic 1912A1236 Chronograph, LuminoxA.3051.BO, CasioG-Shock, DeTomasoFirenze, DeTomasoAlessio, Kenneth ColeTouchscreen,

They are both great looking, excellent watches. I would get a stainless or black case instead of the rose gold though.

The one that's not a gold-plated case. Simply put, you are too young to pull off a gold case (as am I), and it may send the wrong impression. Especially if the gold-tone doesn't look 'real'.
    San Martin Damascus Radiomir
    Aevig Huldra 2
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

Hats off to R.P.J.Janson for providing wrist shots. They bring the watch to life, and lay waste to the product shots.

Having said that, my preference is the fd0f004w watch (first picture). It's always tempting to get a first watch that crams a lot onto the dial, as you strive to get more watch for your dollar. But IMO, you can also overdo it.

It's very subjective, but a weekday complication doesn't excite me. Nor does a day/night indicator. That's why I chose the first watch. (I know there's also a lot of distaste around for power reserve indicators, and those people might see things differently).

Also I agree with X2-Elijah's comment re gold watches (assuming, gene89, you're young). Again, it's a person's own preference, but gold watches have a heavy association with retirement.

Everyone says Orient watches are reliable. Now I want one.
    R.P.J. Jansen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I prefer the first one by far. The dial is more balanced. Nice blue hands. It's not plated. Also I prefer the power reserve indicator to the day subdial and sun/moon thing which I always think of as a disappointing substitute for a moon phase and is often disguised as such on cheap watches.

In any case I think you've chosen well and there are few better alternatives for the price. If you increase the budget a bit there are more Japanese and entry level Swiss options.
    This

Thread Information